3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NY / Northeastern Deer  (Read 493 times)

Offline Bobtulowiecki

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NY / Northeastern Deer
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 06:05:00 AM »
I saw the same high numbers throughout the weekend. All were big, healthy whitetails in large groups.

Offline Bwhntr247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 02:33:00 PM »
Cyclic if yo were an 1.5 south you must of been within shouting distance of me, Glenbo been seeing plenty on the other side of the Gunks also. Glad to see they made it through.
Elkhart 2pc #50@28"
Thunderchild #49@28"
Blackbear #50@28"

And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 07:07:00 PM »
Actually saw a few deer today, they looked pretty rough but they made it. Also saw about 8 turkeys.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 09:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bwhntr247:
Cyclic if yo were an 1.5 south you must of been within shouting distance of me, Glenbo been seeing plenty on the other side of the Gunks also. Glad to see they made it through.
Jason, I was at my old house in New Paltz. Drove my old commute to work along Springtown Rd and Albany Post rd. toward Gardiner.

I see one deer up here for every 20 down there. I still keep my hopes up though.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »
Took a drive today 2 hours west. Between herkimer and Auburn saw over 150 deer. all but one looked very healthy and happy.

Saw a lot of turkeys also.

Between glenville and Fulton saw about 25 or so deer.  It was nice to see.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Bwhntr247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
Ya we got it pretty good down here but not as good as it was 25-30 yes ago. Im on the other side of 44-55.
Elkhart 2pc #50@28"
Thunderchild #49@28"
Blackbear #50@28"

And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 02:01:00 AM »
We had the coldest February on record in Utica this year. Average temp was 7.2 degrees plus the 3rd snowiest feb on record. Snow is so deep up at my land 40" north of Utica it's unbelievable. I drive 65 miles each way to work. Utica to Camillus west of syracuse and I see tons of deer along the thruway. Guess I'll concentrate more on hunting south this year.

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 02:03:00 AM »
We had the coldest February on record in Utica this year. Average temp was 7.2 degrees plus the 3rd snowiest feb on record. Snow is so deep up at my land 40" north of Utica it's unbelievable. I drive 65 miles each way to work. Utica to Camillus west of syracuse and I see tons of deer along the thruway. Guess I'll concentrate more on hunting south this year.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 11:36:00 AM »
Around here the turkey are out in force and in large flocks too. I was greeted by 2 hens in the PD lot this morning. Haven't seen a turkey there since last May.

Offline Bobtulowiecki

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »
Good to hear about the turkeys!

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »
Cold and deep snow is a bad combo.  Deer can withstand some real nasty cold for extended periods if they have access to a decent food source. If its 3-4 feet under snow they will really suffer.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 06:29:00 PM »
Had a small group near the house this afternoon. One was struggling mightily. Limping badly. Couldn't keep up with the others when they spooked. Don't know if its troubles stem from an auto hit or is actually starving. Couldn't see any wounds. Most of the snow gone here but still pretty cold. No new vegetation growth visible yet. I understand a pregnant doe will reabsorb the fetus if stressed during a harsh winter so I'm not expecting to see a lot of fawns this year either. Hope I'm wrong.
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©