3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Form and sighting instruction  (Read 223 times)

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
Form and sighting instruction
« on: March 21, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
What are some good reads or videos on teaching better form and instinctive shooting techniques?

Also, has anyone viewed Introduction to Aerial Archery by In Flight Archery?  If so was it a good video?
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Form and sighting instruction
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »
Strickland's Archery. He has a website with a video for sale. He was an olympic coach and NFAA record setter (since he returned from Viet Nam). He is around 70 now and still placing high in tournaments. He only recently stopped hunting with recurves.  

Over 2 million students per year are being taught Tim's method of "Eleven Steps to Archery Success". While they don't use "traditional bows" they are taught to shoot without sights, releases, stabilizers, etc.

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 03:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bowwild:
Strickland's Archery. He has a website with a video for sale. He was an olympic coach and NFAA record setter (since he returned from Viet Nam). He is around 70 now and still placing high in tournaments. He only recently stopped hunting with recurves.  

Over 2 million students per year are being taught Tim's method of "Eleven Steps to Archery Success". While they don't use "traditional bows" they are taught to shoot without sights, releases, stabilizers, etc.
Thanks. I'll look into it. I'm wanting to work on my form and accuracy a lot this year. Also my wife is getting her first bow soon and so it seems like a perfect time to start with hunting closing down and her getting a new bow herself.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 03:48:00 PM »
Masters of the barebow series if videos is excellent

Rod Jenkins Clinic is awesome

The Ariel archery video isn't so much a shooting form video as it is a video about practice techniques and tips for shooting aerial targets.

Iif you'd like you can PM me and I'll help you out or ar least get you started in the right direction.m
Self reliance cannot be bought

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©