3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Heartland Longbows - See pictures  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
Heartland Longbows - See pictures
« on: March 22, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »
Cory Engert of Heartland Longbows is a fine bowyer and good man.  I first contacted Cory after I saw a picture of one of his longbows on this site, and have now owned a couple of his bows.  Cory builds a forward riser one-piece (see pictures below) and a three-piece belly-mount takedown, which I haven't had the pleasure of shooting yet, but Britt Batterton (britt) on this site raves about his.

Cory's one-piece bows are fast, smooth to draw, quiet, and accurate. Like many of you, I have owned a lot of 62" and 64" longbows.  Some of my favorites include Cari-bow Peregrine and Fox Royal Crown, both very good bows, but I have sold these and others in favor of my Heartland longbow.  Thanks Cory!

Rob Hansen
Moots

p.s. You can contact Cory on this site at heartlandbowyer.

Offline Robert Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Heartland Longbows - See pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 07:41:00 PM »
Good looking bows

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 07:46:00 PM »
Rob, Nice looking bows. I just saw some pics of a 62" Zircote and zebra wood that you had. I wish I would have seen that sooner.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
Moots, where is his contact on here? Thank you.

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 08:28:00 PM »
Alan, Cory's username here on TG is heartlandbowyer.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Online soap creek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 09:37:00 PM »
I was one of the lucky winners of the Compton bow raffle of 2014. One of the bows I won was a Heartland longbow. It was by far my favorite. Its one of those bows you know you will never sell or trade. When I'm not shooting an ASL longbow, I'm shooting my Heartland. Corey's bow is as fast as any recurve I've ever shot, and the grip is fantastic. I can't say enough good things about the Heartland. Corey contacted me  when he found out I won his bow. He told me if the poundage wasn't right or if the bow didn't quite fit me, he had others in his shop I could try. How's that for customer service, especially since he donated the bow. I wouldn't hesitate in ordering a bow from Corey. Corey's top notch in my book.
(Rom. 10:13)

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »
Fred,

That 62" Zircote / Zebra wood longbow was a great shooter.  The two pictured are 64" bows.  

I am working with Cory now to build me a three-piece takedown at 68".

Cory's email is:
[email protected]

Cory builds beautiful, great-performing bows at fair prices.  Excellent customer service, and a fine guy.

Offline heartlandbowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 10:34:00 PM »
Rob and Greg,
Thank you for the kind words. I feel like I get a little closer to where I want to be on the quality of my bows but I'm not satisfied yet. Maybe in ten years or so lol, i guess when a guy stops getting better its time to find another path.

Thanks,
Cory

Online timbermoose

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
I received one of Cory's bows in last years bowswap. 60" 60@29. It's my main brush bow. Shoots a 750gr arrow with serious authority. Ive had offers from friends for it, ain't happening. Can't say enough about this bow. It's awesome!
Backwoods Archery 66" 54@30
coaster500 yew elb 67" 55@29 -trade bow 2013
Heartlandbows 60" 60@29 -trade bow 2014

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 11:26:00 PM »
:scared:  GET IT OFF THE CONCRETE!!   :scared:  
Really pretty bows you have there...

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 11:38:00 PM »
No worries Matty.  I just wanted the straight edge of the sidewalk to help show the contour of the bows.  Not a scratch.

Moots

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 12:03:00 AM »
Very nice. I love the strung profile.
God bless, Steve

Offline britt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »
Yes, they are great bows. Cory had great communication skills when he built my bow. He called,texted and emailed pics and info. every step of the way. Best experience I'v had with a bowyer. My 3-piece is sweet, smooth, and fast.
"My gratitude speaks when I care and when I share the trad. way"

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »
Really nice looking bows!
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »
Hey Moots

Out of all the 20 odd bows I have bought and sold over the years, my Fox Royal Crown is the one I have always regretted selling.  It was a beautiful bow in every way.  I have always longed to get another.  Can you explain a bit more in detail how these Heartland bows are even better than the R/C?  Maybe it would be a bit cheaper for me than the R/C and wouldn't have to wait so long - if you reckon they are better!  Their style is similiar - both R/D longbows.  Also - does he have a website - I did a search and could not find one?

Cheers

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 11:12:00 PM »
I had an opportunity to have one of Cory's belly mount recurves...kick myself for not pulling the trigger...   :banghead:
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 09:52:00 AM »
Sutto,

Please know that I have the highest regard for Ron and Debbie King, and I am a very big Fox bow fan.  I still own a Fox Triple Crown and Breed -- both are excellent bows.

I have owned and shot a lot (too many) longbows; many have been aggressive r/d bows 62 - 64" in length.  For me, the very best of these bows included the Peregrine (I've owned two), the Fox Royal Crown (I've owned two), and Cory's Heartland longbow.  

I ordered my Royal Crown from Ron, and it is a beautiful bow, and a good shooter.  But I found myself always shooting my Heartland.  My Heartland is smoother to draw (with the bamboo core), as fast or slightly faster, absolutely dead in the hand with the forward riser, accurate, and I prefer the grip.  Cory's standard grip is slightly lower than the standard R/C grip, and a little more contoured.  So head to head, I prefer the Heartland over the Royal Crown (and the Peregrine). Cory builds beautiful, high-performing bows at a very fair price, and his customer service is second to none.

Hope this helps,
Moots

Offline BHall

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
Rob,
Those are great looking bows friend.  We've owned a bunch of bows and you have consistently ranked Cory's at the top of the heap.  Based on what you have told me about his customer service he has it going on.  I see one for me or my boys in the near future.  Take care and shoot straight.

Bryan

Offline Bowitis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 03:14:00 PM »
I have to agree with Cory's communication and customer service.  He spent a lot of time with me last night to make sure that I received the bow that I was looking for, to the smallest detail.

Rob, Thanks for the heads up on Cory and his bows.
JD Berry Taipan
2 Heartland Surge

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 05:43:00 PM »
Hi Kevin,

Hope you are well, and we need to head over to the 3D range and do some shooting.

I think you will be pleased with your Heartland.

Rob

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©