3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Odd Inserts...  (Read 161 times)

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
Odd Inserts...
« on: October 06, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »
Guys,
I have a 58" 50#@28" LH Red Wing Hunter that I bought off the used rack of the local archery shop back in the mid 80's for $40. I suspect this bow was made in the early 70's.

I bought it with bowfishing in mind, but it's mainly used as a "basement bow" which I shoot downstairs when it's too cold or wet to practice outdoors.  Not real zippy, but a real sweet shooting bow.

Anyway, it has two odd inserts mounted on it and I'm curious if anyone has any info on them. It's clearly a factory job, yet they have an odd size & thread that doesn't fit any standard thread bolts, mounts, or screws.

They are mounted on the front of the riser about 3/4 up/down the fades. I would guess them to be a bolt on quiver mount but they are awful high up the fades.

Any ideas?
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Odd Inserts...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »
Wing had a quiver that would mount in those insert. Browning used the same quiver.. Quivers are tough to find, but on the up side 3Rivers has the replacement grippers
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline draco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
I`m almost positive the thread size is 1/4 x 20 on those old Wings.

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 07:22:00 AM »
Thanks. Love the grip and the way it shoots; spent yesterday morning shooting ground blind shots and stumping with it.  May use it in the ground blind until my K-Mag shows up.

Wonder if the current Lee Hunters, which are billed as the current incarnation of the Wing Hunter, still use the same grip conformation?...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©