3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daggone it's hot!!!  (Read 495 times)

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daggone it's hot!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
Same thing here, just can't get myself to go out when it's this hot. (94 and humid today) I'm sure all the boys from GA, AL, TX, LA...etc and the guys that go to Texas Sweat all think we're sissies, but bowhunting to me always means nice cool fall days, fall colors...etc, I was born and raised in northern Wisc. This July/August weather just doesn't get it.
Burnsie
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »
Skeeters and heat..,.now you get a taste of Arkansas in November
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »
My son took a deer last saturday and it was a race to get it field dressed and iced down.   We too in IN are required to check in the deer whole.    We did not make it to a check station Sat. night and had to ice it down and check it in sunday morning.     All went well and the deer meat was fine.  
   Come on cooler weather!!!!!!
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »
"It's not so much the heat as the goosh durn humidity. Ya know, when you sit there in the bed and you're all sweaty ya know and you reach for the da water on the nightstand, ya know, and you just slide right outa the bed and da wife says, stop making so much noise you're waking me up. "

This is the first weekend I haven't went. Got up at 4:30 to 68 degrees and said, "I'm going back to bed." Weather is changing though and for the better.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »
In almost thirty years of bowhunting in my area, I have NEVER seen a mosquito while bowhunting, until this year. It was 63 degrees at daylight this morning, two degrees warmer than our normal
daytime high. It reached a daytime high of 88.

Scary.

Getting warm during the day is normal, but by now
there should be frost almost every morning.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
Supposed ta be huntin' weather starting this week fellas! I just got back from TX. Let me tell ya about hot!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline hickry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 11:47:00 AM »
heat, or no heat, i'm going.  i would hate to lose a deer to spoilage but, in this part of the country, you'd miss the majority of bowseason waiting on cool weather.  we've had Christmas breaks for a full week w/ weather in the mid 80's.  as far as the deer movement, we've been seeing them all day here (actually 2 hours south of here).  it seems to me that heat doesn't really affect the deer movement until we get a cool snap.  after that... you may as well squirrel hunt on a hot day...

Offline BamBooBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
Yesterday morning I saw something I have never before seen while deer hunting; fireflies.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Goodbye Shiner you were always a good dog.

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
The weather station is calling for patchy frost this weekend for central indiana.   Thats deer hunting weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »
They say that relief is on the way. In my neck of Ohio they are calling for Upper 50's lower 60's from wednesday on. I hope they are right. I sat the other night with my rubber boots on to help with scent control and I could smell the rubber getting hotter as the sun was hitting them.

I also need a bunch of rain my well is very slow right now.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
It's been in or about the 90s here as well.  Haven't seen any deer yet (some sign but you don't want to eat that) but bunches of squirrels etc.  My son and I had a squirrel fall out of a tree right in front of us Saturday (I think it was sweating so hard that it just lost its grip - hehe).  The boy had a shot at it and missed - I didn't even have an arrow on the string.  :-p

Offline monkeydan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
Saw an SUV with an iced down deer on it yesterday.Bags of ice all over it and probably in it too. Low 80's.

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
Now that's more like it - High of about 56 the past couple days!!  Low 40s high 30s at night!
Burnsie
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©