3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Javelina hunting  (Read 752 times)

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Javelina hunting
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 08:45:00 AM »
Yep, I'd give Kent a call with mahuska bows

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2015, 12:06:00 AM »
Give him a try.  I am going with a few other tradgangers in mid February.  Not sure how many spots are left.  This is mountain hunting.  True spot and stalk.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 12:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by Phillip Fields:
Best place is South Texas. There is very little public land in Texas, so best bet is a private ranch. They vary greatly in price, running from about $100 per day, up to $300 or $400 per day. The place we hunt is $100 per day with a 2 day minimum. They only run 3 hunts per year, A week or 10 days in Jan,Feb, and Mar. They are trad archers themselves though they do have a lot of compounders hunt with them. The ranch is about 6000 acres and is free range so it's not a gimmee hunt. It is primitive camping though they do have hot showers and flush toilets. Texas offers a 5 day license that will allow you to hunt exotics and javvies for $48.
We hunt javelina during the day and pigs at night. The javvies are a blast to spot and stalk or you can set up an ambush. We corn the senderos and set up in the brush, and when the javvies come out to the road we do a stalk. For the pigs we hunt out of a tripod at night. Some of the spots have lights set up or you can use a bow mounted light (yeah, I have a light mounted on my long bow. Javvies cannot be hunted at night.

My wife and I along with some buddies from down in NC go every year and have been doing so for the last 15 years. Of those 15 years 9 or 10 of them have been with these guys.
How bout a name Phillip?
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Online Phillip Fields

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 08:09:00 AM »
Jake, I sent you a PM. I am hesitant to list the name here as they are not sponsors.

I am interested in the Mahaska bow hunts. The area we hunt is very thick with cactus and mesquite and I think it would be fun to stalk javvies in a more open area.
Keep em Sharp!

Offline dnurk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 04:50:00 PM »
Tagged for future reference

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2015, 04:13:00 PM »
I talked to Ken today. If you start to read this, please read it all so I don't misinform...

I should report that Ken is rude and his hunting operation is terrible...but that would be a lie so big I'd qualify for working in a certain Administration.

The reason I should make that false report is to make sure he doesn't fill up 2-3 years out before I can go!

Ken is a very nice, helpful,  and knowledgeable fellow!  He let me know he has only 2 spots remaining -- total -- in January, February, and March for 2015!  

His operation sounds much more like a hunt I'd like to do. More spotting and stalking and countryside that one can move about in and gain elevation to see.

My problem is that I have 4-5 guys that want to do this and with only 2 spots I may not be able to choose and leave someone out. So,avoid having to tell a brother, son, or best friend there is no room at the Inn, I will probably pass...this year.

Online Phillip Fields

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2015, 04:24:00 PM »
Are there any hogs on Ken's operation?
Keep em Sharp!

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
No hogs. But, mountain lion, Aoudad, Desert bighorn, and deer.

We make the decision tomorrow about 4 of us going this fall instead of waiting until winter.

Offline medic77

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »
Where at in Missouri are you.  I am also looking for a Javelina hunt for this winter.
You're Off to Great PLACES!
      Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
  So....Get on Your WAY!  - Dr. Seuss

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©