3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new member arrow help  (Read 207 times)

Offline Twigzz88

• Trad Bowhunter
new member arrow help
« on: March 27, 2015, 10:07:00 PM »
Hey guys i've been a lurker for quiet sometime now. I finally picked up a nocer bow for myself. A striker slapstick its 51#at 28 ". I shoot about 27.5 inches. But im having trouble picking the correct arrow. The first of which is a goldtip trad. 1535 at 30" regular insert and 175 tip. The second is a 3555, at 30" with 100gr insert and 125 head. Im looking to continue shooting 3 under and would like to get my point on somewhere around 25-30yds at the most. Which arrow would get me closestto my goal.i know additional tuning may be needed but im looking to get in the ballpark. any info would be greatly appreciated.
Tyler golembiewski

Offline the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new member arrow help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 10:20:00 PM »
All else being equal and it never is the 1535 will likely end up shorter than the 3555 during tuning process.  If you gap the longer arrow (3555) will give you a shorter point on.  Most important factors imho are your form and getting well tuned arrows.  Your brain will make elevation adjustments once you have arrow that works well for your bow.  Congrats on new bow!

Offline Twigzz88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 10:27:00 PM »
I was using the 3rivers dynamic arrow calculator and actually got the 1535 closer to what it needed to be, it was .1 off. I know more final tuning will come into play. Il generally be bowhunting with a little 3d for fun thrown in so the 25-30 max point would work well for me. It just seemed like 225 at the front seemed really heavy
Tyler golembiewski

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 12:17:00 AM »
Does anybody sell a test kit for carbons?

( sorry, bad humor on my part ).

But whatever you try, I'd trust putting a broad head on the arrow and seeing how it flies, before I knew I was tuned best.

Offline Bigjackfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 07:13:00 AM »
You can buy single shafts of brand and type ,with different point weights you can find what shoots best. Good form comes into play with how your arrow fly's ,release anchor need to be good.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©