3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: You just can't give them away!  (Read 5465 times)

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: You just can't give them away!
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 07:13:00 PM »
The $30 is a great deal for me. I am that "one bow" guy. I've owned a few... all used (except for a Bob Anderson Zipper years ago), bought from the classifieds, but at different times. Sell one, buy one. That is what retirement income calls for.

Presently buying one right now. A Kwyk Styk.

It is worth the $30 bucks for all the time and enjoyment that i get just "window shopping".
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 07:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by stabow:
David M I was shooting a Northern Mist that I bought awhile back with your name on it.    :bigsmyl:  
I bet it has some good mojo, Boyd!   :biglaugh:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2015, 07:24:00 PM »
I had something interesting happen on the classifieds. I posted an ad looking for a specific bow. A bowyer contacted me and offered me a used, discontinued two piece bow, same model I was searching for, at about a 50% reduction from retail price. I guess even bowyers occasionally sell bows for a loss.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »
It is definitely a buyers market in used bows right now. Tired of hearing the whiners about contributing to a great site, they miss the big picture, wanting something for nothing, but they have a right to say it on a free site.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2015, 08:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by katman:
It is definitely a buyers market in used bows right now. Tired of hearing the whiners about contributing to a great site, they miss the big picture, wanting something for nothing, but they have a right to say it on a free site.
:thumbsup:    :campfire:

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2015, 08:13:00 PM »
many folks will not pay the fee to browse. Fewer browsers=fewer buyers. business degrees confirm that obvious fact. X2
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
As much as I used to buy sell and trade bows here, yes I will agree it has come to a major halt I just don't think there are many people viewing the classifieds as there used to be. Most likely because they don't feel the need or want to contribute to "use the classifieds."
My logic these days is a tad different. I don't contribute to use the classifieds. I contribute because I'm pretty sure hosting, running,and using bandwith on a website isn't free. It's gotta cost someone something. For all the information I've gotten on here, stories I've read from so many of you, people I've met because of this site, hunts I've been on, tutorials.etc. $30 seems cheap! And to boot....I get to use the classifieds!
Better than any magazine subscription I'll ever have on trad archery...

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
I have bought and sold a few on the classifieds. I love them. I always feel great about the deals and I have tried to use 3 others with horrid luck. As far as what I lose when I sell... Well I never expect to sell for what I bought, its like a car to me. Also, between the $30 a year and what I lose, I even out with the bows I buy. And many people are right, any market ebbs and flows. Hunting seasons, tax periods, etc. i'm sure it'll pick up.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
many folks will not pay the fee to browse. Fewer browsers=fewer buyers. business degrees confirm that obvious fact. X2 I was a 2014 contributor and really liked to browse but being retired now just can't see spending the money so I look elsewhere.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »
The thing that I don't understand is buyers are not making offers, after all I believe we are all willing to negotiate a bit.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2015, 08:22:00 PM »
I agree with Matty 100%....!!

Offline Paul Cousineau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cavscout9753:
I have bought and sold a few on the classifieds. I love them. I always feel great about the deals and I have tried to use 3 others with horrid luck. As far as what I lose when I sell... Well I never expect to sell for what I bought, its like a car to me. Also, between the $30 a year and what I lose, I even out with the bows I buy. And many people are right, any market ebbs and flows. Hunting seasons, tax periods, etc. i'm sure it'll pick up.
x2
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feast on the riches of the hunt. -Proverbs 12:27

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2015, 08:27:00 PM »
As for selling bows at below market value, I can only speak from my own experience. I made a decision that I plain had too many, too many sitting on a rack, too many that would hardly be shot and for the amount of limited time I actually get to hunt, having 20 bows and hunt 3-5 days a year seems silly. Why not sell them to the great group of people here to enjoy them. In the process I decide to keep the bows that are really special to me. Simply speaking less is more.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by Guss:
I agree with Matty 100%....!!
X2, just did a quick count . 1st 2 pages of ads and counted 40 sold bows!

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
Ed Cowden has a beautiful Liberty English longbow. 68" 52@29 for $325 he can't sell. I'm tempted to buy the darn thing just because! What are the cores on that bow, Ed?

Chumming the water for you, Ed!    :bigsmyl:

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
You guys think you got it tough...try selling a left hand bow that's about 70# at a normal 28" draw. All my bows fit this category. Takes me forever to sell and usually has to be for dirt cheap. Literally near impossible.

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by LB_hntr:
You guys think you got it tough...try selling a left hand bow that's about 70# at a normal 28" draw. All my bows fit this category. Takes me forever to sell and usually has to be for dirt cheap. Literally near impossible.
Got a buddy looking for one now. Goes by dragonheart here.

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
I got my hat when the classifieds went to pay per view.
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline bowhuntingrn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Izzy:

Originally posted by ed cowden:
I and a couple of friend's have had bows in the want ads for more than a week and barely get any response or interest. And for bows shipped at lower than half price with no waiting.
It is very disappointing that trading and selling is going so poorly. I hope all our bowyers and having better success at moving product. Maybe everyone is going fishing now that it is spring.
Market does seem a bit slow but I saw your add and a better description as well as photos would help you out significantly    in closing a deal. I hardly won't buy a bow without seeing pictures and for some the trouble of emailing or texting is an extra inconvenience.

Sometimes its love at 1st sight and with no sighting, aint no loving. [/b]
This^^^definitely makes a difference. I find it much easier to close the listing and forget about it if I haven't seen pictures. You know what they say about a picture being worth a thousand words...
"The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest"

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »
See David M...if you're sellin', I'm in trouble   ;)    That's why I HAVE to stay away  :D
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©