3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: You just can't give them away!  (Read 5466 times)

Offline ed cowden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: You just can't give them away!
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2015, 10:59:00 PM »
The English has bamboo cores. I am not bad mouthing the classifieds as I have already sold several bows this year. The prices are lower than I would like and some just draw no interest. And paying to play for a year is a pretty good deal for me. And one or two will be given to St Judes if I have to give them away.

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2015, 01:41:00 AM »
I paid the $30.00 last year but I decided not to pay that every year. I may change my mind in the future. It's worth the price if you are looking for a used bow.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2015, 02:23:00 AM »
I gladly pay the $30 to contribute to this site! Everything about it is special. The people, the topics, the wealth of information, and most importantly, the St. Jude's auction! The brotherhood and generosity on this site is uncanny. I'm proud to be able to call myself a Tradganger!!!  Participating in the classifieds is icing on the cake.

As the seller, you set the price. If you are not happy with what has been offered, don't sell. But don't complain that the demand for your goods doesn't currently warrant the price you want. Either wait for the demand to rise, or settle for less at the time of sale if you'd rather not hold on to it. Again, your choice.

I will also agree that the presentation of your add is very important. Pictures are a sure fire way to insight more interest. If you don't want to go through the "hassle", that's your loss!  The more information that you can give, the better. Adds with one or two poorly written sentences, will also likely not attract much interest.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2015, 02:30:00 AM »
This is not true. I generally only own one bow at a time even though I could easily afford more. I used to love the gear deals I could find on the classifieds. However I rarely spent more than 50 bucks a year so spending 30 doesn't make sense to me. As for supporting this site I should hope that doing business with a number of the sponsors here and even making it a point to access their sites through the links above is plenty. Don't get me wrong if you pay the fee for the classified I have no issues with it nor do I especially care that you are made to pay to use it but, I certainly could afford to if I wanted.

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2015, 04:41:00 AM »
Jakeemt, you are correct. Perhaps I worded that wrong. I've edited my original post.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2015, 05:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bud B.:
See David M...if you're sellin', I'm in trouble    ;)     That's why I HAVE to stay away   :D  
Hey, Bud, I just sold a beautiful lefty Hill TD on the classifieds.   :D
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2015, 05:45:00 AM »
I have to disagree with the title of this thread. You would have NO trouble actually giving them away...

It was my understanding that the moderators put the very minimal fee on the classifieds because of how much trouble they were experiencing with the transactions that were taking place. After the fee, they spoke of how much better everything became. End of that story for me.

Up here, I can't even buy a 24 case of beer for $30.00. And I probably drink more than that in a year...

There is more to the classifieds than bows. You can set yourself up totally from that section. I feel very confident dealing with anyone from here and would expect that the next thing we know, prices have rebounded and the buyers are crying.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline turkey65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2015, 05:52:00 AM »
Being retired I decided not to pay the fee to watch the classifieds,save the money and I might run across something at flea markets or garange sales

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2015, 06:46:00 AM »
People sell bows cheap because they need the money.  They would hang onto them otherwise.  Lots of people are in need of funds for other things right now.
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »
I have had excellent luck with the classifieds, both buying and selling. It's even to the point now that several members will contact me if they something they think I will like or if they are looking for something that I might have. Buying, selling and trading have taken my bow rack from a couple old Bears and a Ben Pearson to a fine group of top of the line bows.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline GregD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2015, 08:14:00 AM »
I have always bought and sold items on here and have never had a single problem. If I never sold or bought another thing on here I would continue to pay the fee. I am positive I get 30.00 worth of entertainment out of this site

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2015, 08:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by David Mitchell:

Originally posted by Bud B.:
See David M...if you're sellin', I'm in trouble     ;)      That's why I HAVE to stay away    :D  
Hey, Bud, I just sold a beautiful lefty Hill TD on the classifieds.    :D  [/b]
SEE! You're an enabler  ;)  I MUST stay away!    :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2015, 08:24:00 AM »
The same bows are usually advertised on several forums at the same time to maximize exposure. If you don't believe that you have your head in the sand or don't get around much.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2015, 08:27:00 AM »
I pay the fee to help with the site and the people who run it.  Selling bows is fun and secure on this site.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »
Being that Im such a swell guy, any of you fellers having trouble selling your Silvertpis, Ill gladly give you close to 2/3 its initial value give or take a 1/3. Must be right handed and checkered and be 50 - 57 lbs and have rare, nearly endangered, exotic wood and so on and so on. If you really need help selling that is.   :readit:

Offline BHall

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2015, 10:20:00 AM »
I believe Ed's post was simply saying the used bow market is soft at the moment.  That has little or nothing to do with the $30 fee.  It is soft on other sites as well.  I personally prefer doing business on TG.  I've had good luck here.

It is much like a commodity market and seems cyclical in nature.  So the buyer/seller paradigm shifts.  Depending on which end of the spectrum you are on it can be good or bad.  I've bought and sold over 150 bows in the past three years.  I've enjoyed every minute of it.  I keep a detailed spreadsheet and I've averaged a loss of 60% since inception.  That's pretty poor ROI but I can either quit buying/selling, be more patient on my sales or not worry about it.  I choose the last option.    I sell bows cheap sometimes b/c I don't like to see them sit, not b/c I'm desperate for money.  All in all it's good fun.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »
What's a little irritating is when you have the bow/item marked well below 1/2 of new and you get folks still making offers well below that.  
I guess it never hurts to ask, and overall not that big a deal,  I can just always say no. I guess I would never be so bold to offer an even
lower price when I know I'm already getting a heck of a deal and the seller is already taking a big hit.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Tall Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »
January, February and March are the worst time of year to sell anything used, be it cars, boats, bows, or whatever.

Everybody blew all their money at Christmas, and the holidays in general. And then they may have to cut a check to Uncle Sam in April.

Maybe this is contributing to it some.
Is a life of rice cakes really life, or just passing time?-Rick Bragg

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »
Happy, Happy, Happy... with the classifieds!!
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »
:archer2:
Longbows & Short Shots

Users currently browsing this topic: