3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Schulz Natural, Parting Shot, or Miller Split Bamboo?  (Read 332 times)

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
Schulz Natural, Parting Shot, or Miller Split Bamboo?
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:29:00 AM »
I was wondering if anybody knew if these bows were made with a solid bamboo backing and actionboo lams or solid bamboo backing and solid bamboo lams?
I'm looking to possibly make a bow that is similar.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Re: Schulz Natural, Parting Shot, or Miller Split Bamboo?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 11:03:00 AM »
The ones that I have had in hand were all solid bamboo. I have built all bamboos and more recently helped a friend finish one that used bamboo flooring capped with solid bamboo, no tapered lambs, I had to tiller through the belly lam. It seemed to shoot about as good as any of the other all bamboos. I should ask him what he did to make parallel laminations out of that stuff. He got his pieces from some carpenter that had some extra after doing a basement floor for somebody, the local lumber yard does not sell it by the piece.

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
Thanks Pavan for the info. I have some bamboo flooring and a solid backing strip I would like to use. Do you have any stack info that might be helpful to me?
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
at the fade out his was 5/8" to 3/8" at the tip, limb width was 1&1/8" to 5/8".  My 80 pounder was 3/4" at the fades to 9/16" thick and 66" long. I used a flat backed riser, which gave it a natural 3/4" back set because of the lam tapers. The one for my friend laid straight because there was no tapers to the lams to begin with, it does take a slight set after being loaded for a spell, but after a while it gets nearly back to its original straight layup. I am guessing that his is in the mid fifties at my 26.5" draw. We never weighed it.
We used urac for glue and a portable ice shack with an electric space heater to heat the form.

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 04:13:00 PM »
That's just what I needed Pavan thanks
Gerald

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 08:31:00 AM »
Any pics of those bows??

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©