3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Finger pinch and stack  (Read 311 times)

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Finger pinch and stack
« on: April 06, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »
I have shot a 52" K-Mag sense the early 70s and way back then there were comments about how those short bows stack and the bad finger pinch .
I have always been baffled by that comment . I see once in a while on here that there will be a comment about finger pinch and stacking .
Up until about 2 years ago I had a 30" draw and never had a problem shooting a short bow . At one time years ago I had a 60# K-Mag and had no problem with it .
I guess I am just ignorant or something , cause I am just as comfortable shooting a bow that is 66" and I can shoot a Super 48 just fine as well .
The only thing I can think of is that I started out with the short bow so I don't notice it .
I am thankful that it doesn't bother me because I have known some that just can't deal with " finger pinch " under 60" .
Well I am not griping nor being judgmental , I just don't notice the problem and was wondering if I am just unusual ?
   :dunno:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finger pinch and stack
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 02:46:00 PM »
I think your idea of not knowing any better is correct...the people who have trouble are those who are convinced they are going to have trouble before they even try...I still draw a solid 30 inches and I shoot my KMag as well as any bow that I own...sure finger pinch could be an issue if you shoot a lot of arrows...a KMag is a hunting bow, not a target bow...how many arrows does one really need to shoot to maintain hunting accuracy?

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 02:57:00 PM »
Some folks are more sensitive to finger pinch and stacking than others.  I can definitely feel a K-mag stack at much beyond 27 inches.  Usually not a problem, unless the bow is heavy to begin with.

I feel more pressure on my fingers as well, compared to shooting a bow 8-12 inches longer. Don't really find it that uncomfortable, unless I shoot a lot of arrows.  Then it begins to chafe.  However, I do have more of a problem getting off the string cleanly with a shorter bow, compared to say a 60 inch or longer recurve. And that affects accuracy.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 12:06:00 AM »
I do not not stack as my draw is 28 and under depending on bow. But I have a screwed up first finger on my string hand that lets me know if I am getting pinch. My point is we are different even know we got the same parts. So I am jelous that you can do what you do with short bows.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 01:17:00 AM »
Well, I can't tell you if it is finger pinch or stack that does it to me, but I am one of the guys whose accuracy goes way down when I pick up a short bow. My DL is 29.5". I do not own a bow under 60" (and only one at that length because it was a St Judes bow that I had some success with). My current go-to longbow is 64".

Bisch

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 09:36:00 AM »
Back in the day when I shot recurves, I never really noticed pinch, per se. It simply was what it was. I really had nothing to compare the feel of a drawn string to, so it felt natural. When I took up the longbow, I have almost exclusively selected 68" bows, and I definitely do not feel undue pinch with them. So maybe it has a lot to do with what you are used to feeling. Regarding stack, my short draw length, for the most part, makes it a non issue.
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©