3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New York Southern Zone Bow Hunter's  (Read 529 times)

Offline oneshot1

• Trad Bowhunter
New York Southern Zone Bow Hunter's
« on: October 07, 2007, 07:01:00 AM »
Sure hope it cool's down alitlle from the high 80's here the last week, and the weather is nice for the October 13th opener. 1000's of arrows shot,Stands have been hung and fixed, self-employed so I have the whole season for myself, and girlfriend hasnt said a thing about anti-hunting yet, maybe she has given up on changing me into a tree-hugger LOL. Takeing a quick run up to the Salmon River tuesday and wensday for a salmon and huge brown/steelhead trout trip before I get to deep into the season(7 weight fly-rods and nymph's)...Good luck to all, I hope your season is safe and productive....HEY MOUNTIAN KEN>>>the town is "Bleeker" ?(hunted there a dozen times and cant rember the name hehehe) we are going up the 26th-30 Oct ..(with rifle though)... anywhere close to you???

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New York Southern Zone Bow Hunter's
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 08:05:00 AM »
I had heard at work that some sections of the river had been closed because the water was down so much. Good Luck

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
Dave,same here hope it cools some,Its funny I'm heading up Wed to fri for salmon were I go there about six inches of water,theres still plenty of beer Good luck on your season....ED
Put some air under it.

Offline oneshot1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
Rico>>> I think we are going to Oswego, The Mud Hole. Not bad if you fish the strech bettween the the dams, try to stay away from all the snaggers... Good Luck 3D Muzzy

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »
Good luck and be safe fellas.Rain scheduled all and week hopefully thatll cool it down a bit. But the game is still moving up north even with fishin weather.It looks like a lot of TG,ers around the country are having some good luck on deer even with the heat.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
It's going to cool down some for the opening weekend. I'm ready! good luck to all Trad Gangers.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
Im ready to take my first trad deer. I cant wait. Now if the wife will just have the baby so I dont feel THAT guilty about being in the stand opening day.....  :biglaugh:  
I have five stands hung, three trees already set up for the climber, and a few ground blinds made. Im hunting the wind....any wind. LOL.
The weather should be cooler, it is here today, and the rain seems to be forcasted. Either way, I will hopefully be out there.
Good luck to all.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »
I'll have a small group of JLMBH Pink Guys up at my place in Cornwallville. Gonna try to do some heavy cover scent drives. Should be fun!

... mike ... aka W.A.Y.S.I.A.H.   :D
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
Good luck next weekend fellas. I'll be headed to camp on Fri. afternoon down around New Hope.  The sign has been good this year and a couple of nice bucks have been hanging around the area of my tree stands.
I reckon so

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
Hey Mike....good luck to you and "Team Pink". I hope to spend some time hunting with you and the rest of the guys this year, even if it is just for bunnies(a blast!). Hopefully we can getout into the deer woods too....Good luck.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
Tell ya what Jamie. If it gets cool enough I'll wear my JLMBH Pink Fuzzy Hat with Turkey Feathers and Pink and White Beads. (In honor of Joe Skipp) How does that grab ya?

... mike ...  :p  ...

PS:  You are welcome to come hunt with me/us anytime.
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
Im not surprised you still have it....lol. If you wear the hat, who is wearing the bikini? Dont be looking at me....  :jumper:
                         -Jamie

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
I'm looking for fish skins to back some bows with if any of you fellow New Yorkers catch any big ones give me yell. I'd take some skins off your hands.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline oneshot1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »
Ahhh Dang thats a super idea....the spotted back of a brown trout or the silver sides of a steelie would be scweeet looking...I dont kill many fish, but if I do I'll keep you in mind.

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
John - where around new Hope? One of the Bear Swamp camps? Grew up there near Carpenters Falls and fishing summers in the mill pond. Still live just one hill west in Niles.

Steve

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
I have 56 stand sites ready to go and I will be out there for sure. I am not gonna hunt many mornings early this year as I think ya educate to many deer but I have the Nov. 3rd. through the 19th. off, so it should be good! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
Did you say 56 stands sites is that tree stands? Or is it 5-6 stands LOL thats alot of sites. Good Luck

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »
Rico, I have 56 stand sites ready to hunt. Most sites use a bracket system but about 20 have portable stands and a few have permanent stands, I have cut back from maintaining over 100 stand sites, I used to maintain that many and did not hunt some for 4-5 years at a time, but they were always ready and cut out so I could hunt at any time. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »
TTT! Shawn
Shawn

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »
Good Luck, Everyone! And if you're in a Treestand... For those you love... Wear Your Safety Harness! And Keep you Tether Line Tight!  

Good Hunting!
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©