3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stolen Firefly  (Read 538 times)

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Stolen Firefly
« on: April 08, 2015, 02:40:00 PM »
Hey guys, just a heads up there is a Firefly riser only listed on the big auction site that was recently stolen from Jim Jones in transit.  It has been a little while I doubt the seller is the thief as things get around and he has great feedback, but please do not buy this stolen bow.

Thank you, Tim at Braveheart
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline PAlline

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stolen Firefly
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 02:57:00 PM »
Thanks for letting us know!
I seek to learn, teach me

Offline Robert Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »
Good to know

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »
I hope every thing turns out for him and he gets it back without hassel.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »
Been working on this all day making some progress so I am encouraged.  Funny thing is the riser is pretty much a worthless chunk of pretty wood as it would have to be returned to us anyway to get limbs!   :knothead:

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 09:55:00 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.
 I got lucky, as I just received my bow from Jim less than two weeks ago. It could have been mine.

Hope you get it back.
Ken Thornhill

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 10:49:00 AM »
With your background, Tim, if anyone can get it returned, it would be you!

Sorry this happened, but great we have a network to help keep things like this at a minimum!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »
Damn a thief!
Sam

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 03:29:00 PM »
It should be hard to sell without limbs, where you going to get some besides Jim.
US ARMY 1984-1988

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 03:36:00 PM »
Don't see it listed anymore, so I hope that is because you made the progress you wanted!

Bisch

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 05:10:00 PM »
I just looked it up and it is listed and it is a very nice riser.  I have asked a question of the seller if they are aware it is stolen.  Others should do the same so they are motivated to get it back to where it belongs. There are a few people watching it.
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
I was just told by the guy from **** he worked out a deal with Leaf to sell the stolen riser back to him for $125.  The guy from **** did not steal it and did the right thing!  Hopefully what I was told is true and Leaf is getting his riser back.
AKA - Huntfun
Compton Life member

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 08:28:00 PM »
Yes we have a happy ending!  The seller was not the thief and the owner is getting his bow back.

Thanks all!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 10:15:00 PM »
:clapper:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 10:23:00 PM »
Just curios...

Is this a case of the seller buying a pallet of lost USPS mail in Altanta? I thought a one of a kind custom knife I had made was stolen when the tracking info went cold after it arrived in Petaluma. I started the paperwork with the USPS and they started an investigation. They never found the knife, but I saw it advertised on another forum a few months later by a person who purchased a "lost/damaged mail" pallet at auction in Atlanta. Apparently the USPS sends all opened packages or items that have lost their label back east to a warehouse to be auctioned off. It sold before I could contact the seller, but I ended up getting it from the new owner after trading him another custom knife I had for it. This is the third time I've heard of this happening in as many years.

You'd think the USPS would have a data bank list of lost items they could cross reference with lost mail claims instead of just selling people's lost items.

Hate to see someone get a bad rap for an order that was lost in transit.

Stump
In the wind, he's still alive...

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 07:21:00 AM »
Stump
This guy did get the riser in some transaction with USPS...he is not a thief!!!!

However, he kept the item up for sale on **** (the big bidding site) despite knowing it was stolen and while negotiating a price with the rightful owner of the riser.  It was not until serious pressure was put on him from Tim and myself that he finally did the right thing and pulled it off ****, which he did very quickly once he knew he was reported to **** that he was selling a stolen item.
AKA - Huntfun
Compton Life member

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 08:52:00 AM »
Glad it has been resolved. But if the seller got it from USPS, how was it stolen?  He must have had some investment with the USPS??
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline DK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 09:01:00 AM »
Yeah how was the riser stolen if this person purchased the
riser from USPS?? Strange story, glad the riser got back to the original or rightful owner!

I have a bow from Jim...a longbow
from Braveheart archery! Super nice bows at a very reasonable price and awesome customer service!!! I love my Route 66 longbow!!

Doug Knight

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 09:38:00 AM »
I usually write my name and address and the recipient's address on the outside of the box of every package I send..just in case the label is damaged.. Not sure if that would help but it makes me feel better..

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by Steve Chappell:
Stump
This guy did get the riser in some transaction with USPS...he is not a thief!!!!

However, he kept the item up for sale on **** (the big bidding site) despite knowing it was stolen and while negotiating a price with the rightful owner of the riser.  It was not until serious pressure was put on him from Tim and myself that he finally did the right thing and pulled it off ****, which he did very quickly once he knew he was reported to **** that he was selling a stolen item.
If he bought it from USPS it was not stolen just a case of incompetence from a shipper.  We should be slow to judge people as thieves until the facts are in.
T ZZZZ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©