3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new Covert Hunter  (Read 1135 times)

Online mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new Covert Hunter
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
My limbs are used and they came with the limbs avers on, so I just left them. There is some humming in the limbs after the shot, so I would say they are probably a good Idea, that's carbon I guess. When I get done work today I will share some opinions on the bow.
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 12:37:00 PM »
Kirk, you just jumped up a couple pegs in my book yet again mate...

Honest praise from one bowyer to another. I love it man.

Class act.

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
Kirk, explain how the tip to tip stringers would ruin a recurve. Just curious.    :confused:
Hmmmmm. I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm
not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

Online mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 04:45:00 PM »
well i have had this bow a couple weeks now and i really like it. I thought it to be quite noisey at first, i had a d97 string on it. So i made a new 18 strand BCY-x loops padded to 24, put some cat whiskers on, turned braceheight to 6 3/4 and it seemed to quiet down considerably, there is a hum to the limbs right after the shot, but its something i got used to pretty quick. I dont think its as quiet as my one piece Phoenix, but it is every bit as smooth, and maybe a tad smoother. My Phoenix is fast, but i think the Covert Hunter gets the edge here,the Covert is a few less lbs, but you would never know it, its fast and smooth. I have the med limbs and 17" riser, which makes a 60" bow, and strung this bow is 53.5", no finger pinch what so ever, only thing is 17" riser only has a 2 1/4" sight window, something to keep in mind if you are buying one, i had to move my anchor from my mouth to my cheekbone, which actually works better for me. The covert hunter is all its cracked up to be.
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »
What is the price of the one piece.

Online mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »
i believe mine was $825, assuming you mean the Phoenix. They are sweet bows, i have the first 1 pc phoenix, and the first Firehawk, which is his 3pc t/d longbow, and i am fortunate to have both.
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »
That is a beautiful bow. I don't have limb savers on mine and mine doesn't seem to vibrate much. Once I got it tuned it got really quiet. I am shooting it better than any bow I have shot. I have my brace height set at 7 3/16" and my bow is a 62".
Chris

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 12:43:00 AM »
Great looking bow! Enjoy it, there is not a bow out there that will out perform the Covert Hunter!
bryce olson

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 12:56:00 AM »
That bow is a beaut and it sounds like it is shooting really great. What more could you ask for., Congratulations.

God bless, Steve

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2015, 05:19:00 AM »
"Kirk, explain how the tip to tip stringers would ruin a recurve. Just curious".

So, you should always use the stringers with the rubber top limb blocks?
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
I have been useing cup stringers for over 25 years and never had an issue/problem.

I would think the stringers with two cups pulling on the limb tips would be no different then you pulling the string to shoot your bow. You are pulling that string thousands of times.

I hope Kirk comes on and explains I would like to know also.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »
I think the easiest way for deep hooks is use both feet on string and spread them wide. Use cup on one end and rubber pad or rubber lined loop on other end.

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »
You wouldn't be able to string a hex limb with a tip cup style stringer as you would have to pull it so far to get it strung you would be over drawing the bow and putting too much stress on them. Border sends a saddle type stinger with their bows.  On standard recurve limbs I always just used the push pull method with no stringer.
Chris.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »
CCG, could you elaborate on the saddle type stringer. I not sure what it is or maybe just forgot, age is creeping up on me. :-) thanke you.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »
http://www.3riversarchery.com/Limbsaver+Recurve+Bow+Stringer_i5096_baseitem.html
saddle type stringer.

Those big hooks on the super recurve would allow for a lot of torque/twisting pressure if not EXTREMELY careful pulling perfectly in line with a cup stringer.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 08:42:00 PM »
Katman has posted a link to one but the one Border sends you is a nylon web with a hood on one end and a loop on the other with some rubber material to keep it from slipping.

Offline jmahma

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by mooshkat:
i believe mine was $825, assuming you mean the Phoenix. They are sweet bows, i have the first 1 pc phoenix, and the first Firehawk, which is his 3pc t/d longbow, and i am fortunate to have both.
I'd like your Honest opinion here. Is the covert hunter $1000 better than the 1 piece whippenstick Phoenix?
(may-ma)

Online mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »
NO!!!
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple

Offline jmahma

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
Thank you for your honesty:)
(may-ma)

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2015, 02:07:00 AM »
TTT.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©