3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new Covert Hunter  (Read 1133 times)

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new Covert Hunter
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »
Asking someone if a bow is worth a thousand more than another is not really fare. You can say that just about any bow. Most people can shoot a Sage bow just as well as a 2000$ bow. A bow is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The Covert Hunter is probably the fastest on the market and fit and finish is second to none. Is a Ferrari worth 800,000 more than a corvette? Some think so.
Chris.

Offline jmahma

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »
If I was asking someone who doesn't own both bows, that may be unfair. Moosh owns quite a few bows it seems like and he knows what he's talking about. I really don't think I'm asking a newbie here. I asked for his honest opinion and he gave it. I've heard that "a bow is worth how much someone will pay for it" a million times and I guess that rings true in some cases BUT there is a lot of bows out there that ARE NOT worth what someone paid for them.  I have nothing against border and I'm not knocking any company. I just wanted a straight answer from a guy who owns both bows and I got it. I'm sorry you didn't like my question.
(may-ma)

Offline md126

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2015, 11:26:00 AM »
No disrespect CCH but he wasn't asking you, or anyone else, for their opinion. He was asking Mooshkat. He has and has shot both bows and his opinion is as educated and fair as anyone's. I happen to agree with Mooshkat but he wasn't asking me.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »
Love those risers and that one is especially beautiful.
God bless, Steve

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
I am sorry I said anything. I just don't like that question towards any product. If he asked which do you like better then no problem. Both are great bows.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sixby:
Love those risers and that one is especially beautiful.
God bless, Steve
x2
shoot straight shoot often

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
That is one awesome looking bow!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2015, 09:56:00 PM »
Well we do have to consider a couple things here, one is i bought the limbs used, and at a good price, i did have to buy a new riser, so i have about 1550 in the bow, which is still enough,but about 350 less than a new one. Secondly, i sold a bow and a set of limbs to purchase this bow, so i didnt have to set down and write that big check, which to me its seem to make it easier to purchase those higher priced bows, if that makes any sense. It is a great bow, and to me it was worth the bows i sold to get the CH. Here is the new Thunderhorn, Duawne made to match the bow.  
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2015, 10:49:00 PM »
That is a nice quiver. Is it a small fry?

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2015, 12:12:00 AM »
WOW......that's all I got..
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2015, 10:41:00 AM »
That is a killer looking bow, I love the woods in the riser ... very unique look over all, would love to see one in person. What draw weight is it ?

Congrats on a fine bow     :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline grayfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2015, 10:52:00 AM »
I have 2 Covert Hunters , one 42# and one 38# .They are both quiet .The Covert Hunter has a forward grip which help my shooting .The limbs are very easy to string with the right stringer .I would say that it is by far the best bow I have ever shot . I think the only limbs that come close to the Hex-7 in looks are the Uukha VX1000 ,Limbs $899 same as the Hex-7.The Hex-7 and Covert Hunter are not like any other recurve .As for price ,in this case you get what you pay for ! and they are very fast

Online mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2015, 07:16:00 PM »
The quiver is a small sidewinder, the wt is 44@28 on a 19" riser and mine is a 17" riser so i guess it would gain a couple lbs. Hi grayfeather, we havent talked lately, i am liking my new CH, it sucks stringing it tho. Sid was suppose to send a stringer with the riser which he didnt, so i called his wife, and she was going to send me one, well its been 3weeks and no stringer yet, my guess is i am not getting one. You wouldnt have an extra you could sell me , do ya? I will pay extra for it just to get one.
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline RIng

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2015, 07:49:00 PM »
Hay there . Nice bow . The stringer with a pocket on one end and the rubber arrow head on the other end workes great . It can be bought from most traditional archery stores . I have a 60" 46# and like it very much . I have a set of 40# limbs on the way .I have owned or shot most of the high-end bows and the CH is in a class of it's own . Good luck and enjoy .

May life's simplest things bring you the greatest pleasures !!!

Online mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2015, 08:58:00 PM »
well i have shot my CH exclusively for the last week or so. Today i took out one of my bear t\\d, after that my Phoenix WS, all i can say is, this CH is by far the smoothest bow i have ever drawn, every bow that i shoot now seems like it stacks to me, both bows felt like they were 10# heavier, and the last few inches of the draw felt like the bows were stacking.I have shot many bows in the 30 yrs i have been shooting trad, and nothing compares to this Covert Hunter.
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2015, 04:21:00 AM »
Got email Fri. mine ships tomorrow.

Offline Wheels2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2015, 07:29:00 AM »
I am currently trying to buy  set of Border Hex limbs for my ILF.
How much longer did you have to go on a string for the bow?
Super Curves.....
Covert Hunter Hex9h
Morrison Max 6 ILF
Mountain Muffler strings to keep them quiet
Shoot as much weight as you can with accuracy

Online mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »
On the covert hunter, string length is 1" shorter than bow length, 60" bow takes a 59" string. But that is not true with all hex limbs, and ilf may also be different.
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
The hex limbs sure spoil you on the smoothness. The CH limbs even more so. Now it feels like my hex 6 limbs stack on me.

On my DAS with hex6 limbs m string is 2" shorter.

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
Nice looking stick!

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©