3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Super Mitt  (Read 659 times)

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Super Mitt
« on: April 11, 2015, 03:30:00 PM »
I have issues using a regular tab, my index finger where it contacts nock becomes very sore. I use a BW tab that has a protector but that does not help. Anybody use the Super Mitt, would it help me?
Thanks in advance, Tom M

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Super Mitt
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 03:38:00 PM »
I have one I'm not using anymore. Send me your address and I'll send it to you. My hand is medium sized, so if you have a large hand it might not fit.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 03:39:00 PM »
If you mean the super archery mitt with a double thickness of leather,  then yes, I use one and like it a lot.   I trim it back a little.  I have tried  many tabs and this one has been my favorite for a number of years.

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »
I'm the opposite, I've tried and tried to make the Super Mitt work over the years and I just plain hate them. Clumsiest feeling thing I ever used.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 06:13:00 PM »
I've used one since 1992 ...... (the SAME one BTW)  Well padded and comfortable. You will probably need to trim it for a custom fit.   :thumbsup:
Hmmmmm. I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm
not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 06:14:00 PM »
I used a Super Archery Mitt for years. While I loved them once they were broken in, I could not stand going through the breaking in process with new ones. It you are having pain  in your pointer finger where it touches the nock, I would guess it is from uneven pressure on the string, causing torquing and undue pressure on that part of your finger.

Bisch

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 06:38:00 PM »
Bisch, that is a possible. I did injure it years ago so it has always been there. Just seems to have gotten worst the last year or so. Old age is not for the weak of heart.

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 07:13:00 PM »
I think it would.  I just started shooting 3 under again and it's what I use and what I started on originally.  It gives me a nice clean release.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »
Maybe just lower the elbow of your drawing arm and you won't need one.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
Varmint 101, I have considered shooting three under to help. I can adjust my ILF setup but it is the other 3-5 bows I wonder about.

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 10:08:00 PM »
I used the SAM for many years and loved them...but have since became a bigger fan of the Bates tab with spacer...as long as I take a deep hook there is no issues.  I think I have one or two SAMs lying around if you want them.  I mostly keep them in truck in case I ever forget my other three Bates I have as backups. LOL
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 12:18:00 AM »
Iordered one martin makes them now I used to use one but they are making them out of thicker leather now man I thought long break in.Iremember thinner leather.
Arrow_Flynn

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »
All I shoot with. I trim one of the layers off.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
I purchased a SAM in 2003 and then lost it the following year at an archery shoot. Knowing my propensity for losing things, I decided to buy a replacement and two back-ups. Eleven years later I am still using that replacement and the two back-ups have yet to be used. Moreover, that replacement still has plenty of life in it. All I do is apply a little Montana Pitch Blend from time-to-time.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »
I took McDave up on his offer. I got it in mail today. It fits fine as is but will know more after I try it. Just from what I can feel (or not feel) I think it may be the answer to my sore index finger issue. It sure will be a lot cooler than my glove as temps here will be sky rocketing in a few weeks.
Thanks agian McDave, I will for sure pay it forward when I can.

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 02:09:00 PM »
Let me know how it works out for you. I have the same problem, my index finger gets really sore after not many arrows. I'm always looking for other tabs but not wanting to drop the $$$ if it isn't going to help.
"If you're not bowhunting, your spirit is on standby." - Uncle Ted

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 04:27:00 PM »
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I've been shooting with a SAM tab since 2003. However, last summer I decided to try a glove. I bought a good one. But after shooting with it for awhile I also had problems with soreness to my index finger. As a result I went back to my SAM. Problem solved.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 10:24:00 PM »
I will give it a go tomarow. I have to shoot inside, not allowed to shoot in yard. I have a target made from an old soft side suitcase to try as well. I will try it with my 60# recurve first, then my Wes Wallace LB.
I see it is made from some nice heavy leather, not thin but not real thick so just pulling bow with arrow I can still feel the arrow which gives me that sense of control.

Offline Josh Perdue

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 10:40:00 PM »
The super mitt has become my favorite tab. Once broken in they remind me of an old ball glove.

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »
M60, I haven't had a problem shooting 3 under on other bows.  I've just adjusted my nock height accordingly.  Another glove to try for finger soreness is the American leathers crossover I think it's called.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©