3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Turkey call a gift for my old man. * video added.  (Read 414 times)

Offline Msbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Turkey call a gift for my old man. * video added.
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 04:33:00 AM »
You can make really really soft calls with the one I made or you can get it really loud especially with a hard striker.
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted"-Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 07:30:00 PM »
Very nice Ethan! I love a glass call! The last 6 or 7 i've killed have all come off my ole glass pot. May have to make one like yours. Too cool!
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 09:39:00 PM »
Here is my video. The old man loved it. The striker is a section of 1/4 inch hardwood dowel with a hunk f dog wood on top. I drilled a hole threw it and then opened the top section like a trumpet. The old man still has a bit of playing to do but here is it's sound. Kinda a higher pitch without much "gravel to it"

Offline Msbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 03:26:00 AM »
Thanks Fritz,
Jakeemt, thanks for posting a video of your call in action. I get my most realistic yelps from a hard wood striker. My most soft calls I use a very soft wood striker I made from a hardware store dowel. I'm not real sure of the wood I think it's poplar. I use three different strikers for three different hen sounds. I'm Not sure about slate and the woods I described. IMO the striker combo your Ol' man is using would make very beautiful soft purrs. Try out different woods for different sounds. You will be surprised at all the racket that deep short she'll can make with different woods good luck to you and your Ol' man.
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted"-Jose Ortega y Gasset

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©