3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Masters of the Barebow  (Read 183 times)

Offline snowplow

• Trad Bowhunter
Masters of the Barebow
« on: April 14, 2015, 05:35:00 PM »
Hey guys, I heard a little about masters of the barebow. It this a resource for instinctive shooting? Any others to consider? How do I get one?

Offline snowplow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Masters of the Barebow
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 05:43:00 PM »
Let me rephrase that.

What is the best instinctive shooting dvd in your opinion?

The only thing I have read/seen on this is the become the arrow byron ferguson book (Which I loved).

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 05:51:00 PM »
That depends what are you trying to learn. Masters of the barebow is mostly an explanation of different ways people shoot traditional bows. Different aiming styles, form, and bow setups.

There isn't much to learn when it comes to "aiming instinctively" so I would suggest you try to improve your form.

The best DVD on form is Masters of the Barebow Vol 3
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline Bob Moran

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 05:56:00 PM »
I have all three of the Masters of the Barebow and they are quite good. I especially liked 1 and 3.
May your friends be as many as the promises you keep.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »
I've watched a lot of DVD's on traditional archery and hunting, and MBB is the best, in my opinion.  I recommend all 4 disks.  You will see a lot of skilled traditional archers, maybe 20 or so, no two of whom shoot the bow the same way.  I think that says something about our sport.  In fact, I think this is typical of the less famous shooters I've met too: they might start off shooting one way and probably will change to some other way, maybe more than once, as they explore this wonderful pastime.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »
I've watched the first 3 (there's 4 total--the last one is on the mental aspect).  One and two are interesting and entertaining, but three is by far the best as far as instruction goes.  It's also the best instructional video I've seen.

Offline Paul Cousineau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »
Masters of the barebow dvds are an awesome resource for improving your shooting. They helped me when I was learning some new stuff.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feast on the riches of the hunt. -Proverbs 12:27

Offline snowplow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 11:09:00 AM »
Thanks guys

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »
I have them all.  I've watched them all an un countable number of times. Well worth the investment the only thing I didn't like about them. Was that they started producing them AFTER I already "learned" and developed bad habits!  Like others have said the third is my favorite as well and most informative...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©