3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad camp 2007 BuckJam, Leota, michigan  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad camp 2007 BuckJam, Leota, michigan
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2007, 03:11:00 PM »
Really give it up already Jason!
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
Ok,,OK fellas just got home tonight from work I'll hop to it,, I started on those shafts too,,J
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
jason..what shafts ya working on.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
OK I could not! and I mean Not! do this bow justice with my pics but I feel the preasure,,LOL,, here is my new bow,, I'm really still in shock of such a bow, I've told some fellas at work about it and they just look at me like I'm silly or lost. They just don't get it. told them about the boots in the sleeping bag and not even hardly a smile but I know when we talk about boots in a sleeping bag it would put a grin from ear to ear on anyone of us,,Like I have right now typin this.

The beautiful bow
The only Dwyer longbow ever made like this one,,a one and only make from dwyer,, 57#@28" 64"amo
great shooting bow,,

The arrows I'm working on and arrows ready to go hunting,,
Just got their first coat of sealer yesterday, hickory shafts weighin in around 641 grains and spine around the low 60's,,

and these will be at the bunny hunt for sure,,

TGMM

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
Yep that's a pretty bow for sure! I have to start makin some arrows for the bunny hunt too. Starting with the Doug Firs Steve is gonna do for me. Since I got rid of all my wood arrow makin stuff.

What are the dates on that again?
LeRoy

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
Second weekend in febuary,,this will be the fourth anual trad gang bunny hunt,, Kinda nuts to think its gone that far already,, when deer season blows over Steve and I will iron out some details and let everyone know whats happening.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn here but when I put an open invite out on the powwow three years ago for the stanton state game are bunny hunt, I had no idea what it would do. I was so nervous that no one would even show. We had an ice storm of all things but 6 brave tradgang members still showed for it,, what a great time we had,, I had chilli and salami and crackers and all the fixins that warm your body up after trompin through the snow after bunnies,, check out this video from the first bunny hunt and the second bunny hunt,,

Me with my martin nighthawk when I got serious,,

my first harvest with my nighthawk,

first turkey this last spring,

GLLI shoot this summer,all trad gang there buddy,

Me and my best hunting buddy Dan grau,,Silver fox we call him,

I really can't put it in words how I feel for my freinds I've met here on tradgang. I know its special,especially since my compound buddies have all but forgot about me,,they have moved away but not near as far you all. I see Tim and Steve drive and hour and half to shoot for the day,, It really inspires me when I see folks like that,,no matter the distance they make it feel like their neighbors in my home town. I really do miss my best school buddy Marco. He has moved to nashville, MI and doesn't call anymore, the usual would have been an opening day call like " what did ya see" or " get any shots today". I miss that but my Life has taken a new direction. I feel its a more??? clear direction,, I know what I want to do and I do it how I want to do it,, It's simple,strait forward, and is all up to me.
Sorry for such a long post but i felt I needed to say that for some reason,,

Steve, Tim, Leroy, Drew Thanks for the wonderfull time in leoa MI. That is a trip I've been waiting to do for ten years now and everyone of you made it a dream come true for me,,The bow and arrows were complete surprises, as was the hospitality at the camp fire, I'm going to enjoy filling my memory book up with you fellas for sure,,
God bless Jason Bobb
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
Jason...thank you for our friendship and thanks for the guitar around the fire..... im sorry nobody in camp can sing.....but just listening to you play was great... Drew, thank you for hooking me up with the initial turkey feathers, only if i knew it would be so easy to make another trad friend...Tim, thanks to you and your dad for coming to the bunny hunt..and thanks for giving me all the tips and advice over the past year... also congrats on your beautiful son... i know there will be a day when Drews son , jason son, and your boy will continue the leota buckjam tradition... Leroy, thanks again for all the advice and keeping me busy shipping stuff to illinois weekly... It has been a pleasure pming you and then meeting you in person at our camp... also thanks for donating such a special helle knife to the camp raffle.. that was very generous..I found it very interesting that your mojo present from me was lost while you where in canada.... because i happened across something in Leota..that i think was meant to match that beautiful vortex of yours...cant wait to finish it and again send something off to illinois...and yes i will need your address...lol...... thanks again guys for such a memorable camp.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »
Jason,
Shoot me a pm when the bunny hunt is in the works.  I'm sure I'll be coaching girls travel b-ball in Feb, most games are on Saturdays.  If the bunny hunt occurs on Sunday- count me in.
Haven't been in the woods but 2 times, too hot.
Planning on heading out tomorrow pm, and saturday morning before football.
Dave
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »
Well said guys.  It was a year ago now that I first found the TradGand family.  I have always shot traditional archery going up with a father that shot recurves and longbows.  I give all the credit to my dad for sparking the interest and keeping the flame alive.  But I feel that that spark has turned into a roaring camp fire in the last year!!  Tradgang has introduced me to such great friends and continues to grow my passion for the sport.  I never realized how big traditional archery was or how close I lived to guys just like me before I found this wonderful site.  All I can say is I wish I would have found it sooner.  I hope I continue to find new friends and meet new people off this site that share that passion but there will always be a special place for those first few that I meet at the bunny hunt in Dansville.  I only hope that I can someday return the hospitality and kindness that has been shown to me.  Thanks guys for everything and thanks to Terry Green and Ron Distefeno and all the guys that have created and made this site great!!
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »
Looks like an awesome,unforgettable time.Good for you guys.

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
Jason you did good with the pics, and I know once you get the bow dialed in I know you'll do it justice with your shooting!

Thanks you guys for helping me, and inspiring me to shoot better and learn more new things!

Can't wait for the bunny hunt..

Boots in the sleeping bag, still funny...everyone thinks I'm crazy when I tell them about the field of cottontails, and the porkie.

We might have to get together for another hunt sooner!
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »
Definatly Drew.  We will have to see what we can put together for just a weekend hunt or even a day hunt on a Saturday sometime soon!!  You guys are always welcome to my neck of the woods if you can stand a screaming kid every now and then!!

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »
yeah..maybe its time that we all raid tims camp...chase some of those deer in holland area....i hear they smell like tulips.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
Steve those tulip deer are reserved for cops and city officals only!!  But we have 144,000 acres of state land to run around on!!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
lets plan a saturday or sunday.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2007, 12:48:00 PM »
Sounds good to me.  I cant garantee that everybody will see deer but I can garatee that we will have a good time.  Let me know what works for everybody and we can go from there.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »
I'm Game and I still have a Michigan tag.
LeRoy

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »
Nov 3 and 4th are open for me...
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »
the 3rd is the michigan game..i gotta work..i could make it the 4th..is this gonna be a one day deal or both saturday and sunday?.... If leroys coming it will have to be 2 dayer ..
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »
Later in November would be better for me.
LeRoy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©