3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KANSAS..........video and photo re-cap...pg. 15  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KANSAS..........video and photo re-cap...pg. 15
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »
I'm glad you like the knife Tracy.  By the looks of it you fellas are giving it a good workout!

Keep the stories coming!  :)
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
This is a great story. Thanks, keep it coming.   :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
Today was spent moving and brushing in another blind, setting another stand with climbing stickin "the funnel", and putting up a ladder stand on the edge of a bean field.

The stand is right on a creek bed that seperates the beans from a standing corn field. Tracks,rubs,a couple small scrapes,and a nice trail the deer are using to go between the two crop fields. Might even try the decoy in the morning. If the wind is right...I'm gonna go for it......Curt } >>----->
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »
Congrats on the birds Tracy.   :clapper:  

Keep after them Curt! I'm sure you'll pull it off before all is said and done.
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
Thanx Chad....send me some of your big buck mojo bud...we'll need it! Still no bone, but we're far from done!

Strong storms today, so were gonna re-group,re-coup, and go to Cabelas this morning. Then we'll be hittin' it hard the next 4 days. But the weather is still warm.

We're hoping this bean field might produce something....  Sent vance some more pix...if he gets a chance ,he'll post them(thanx again bud).  They include a couple pix of Tracy's 190" 10 pt....how many can make the claim they shot a 190" typical with a bow   :notworthy:  

Also some real nice pix of Tracy's 2 big gobblers from the other night.....Those were two of the biggest beards I've ever seen!

More later.... Curt } >>----->
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: October 17, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: October 17, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »

:thumbsup:

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »
Thanx bro...   :thumbsup:  

How's that for a big 'ol buck!!!!  The pix don't even come close to doing it justice...it is absolutely huge!!

The pic of the string tracker coming thru the screen is from the doe the other night. The turkey and the doe were so close to being in the same spot that the holes in the screen are actually touching.....

Tracy's 2 kill shots....one to the base of the neck where it attaches to the body and the other in the neck.....ZERO recovery yardage!!!

Off to Cabelas   :clapper:

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »
That buck is a PIG!! WOW! Congrats on the buck and the birds Tracy and on the huge doe Curt. Looks like you guys are having a great time. Thanks for the pics and stories.  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Where did you guys find the midget for that hand pic?? WOW that is some serious mass right there!!!
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline Minuteman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »
Eeyup, its a toad fer sure. I've held it and he's right is way bigger in person.
 Kinda makes you wonder 'bout the bucks he's got to choose from out there. I believe he told me he was watching a larger buck when that one came in to range!
 Kill a big-un Curt!
There sure is alot of air around a squirrel...eeyup.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »
Just so you'all know...Tracy didn't just kill that buck...it was a few yrs. back....

..I'm sure gonna try in the next few days...I still have very high hopes!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »
Rain,rain and more rain.  :banghead:    :banghead:    :banghead:  

No hunting today, Even some tornado's not to far away. I think I have this figured out, Some how it leaked out that Guru was coming down and the whitetails overheard someone talking about it. Now all the big bucks have run out of the county   :mad:  Maybe even the state.

Vance should get here on friday just in time to help drag out Curts deer   :pray:    :goldtooth:

Tracy

Offline BMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »
It is wet out there today. Hopefully things will dry out tomorrow and the big bucks will be on the move. Good luck and keep us posted.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society
Prairie Traditional Archers
TGMM Family of the Bow

The most frightening thing you are likely to encounter in nature is yourself.

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »
Tracy, went out and pull pictures off a couple trail cams.  Saw a few pictures of bucks mid day, nothing large.  Also go a few larger bucks, but it was WAY dark.  These were taken just a few miles north of you.  Also got quite a few pictues of does mid day.  Pictues were all within the last two days.  Maybe time for a mid day sit.
Mel Riley

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
Thanks Mel, We will give it a try.We did some more scouting and found a very promising spot by a bean field that had alot of very large tracks.There was a some rubs and scrapes nearby also.Curt is going to give the decoy a try in the morning so we will let you guys now how we do.

:pray:  

Tracy

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »
I'm at work and there is some pretty heavy rain and lightning headed your way tonight.Hope ya don't get any flash floods to mess things up.The up side will be that they will be moving once this passes through...

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
Go get 'em!! Thanks for this thread, it's nice to be out "huntin" with you guys.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
OK...here's today update....

Sat on the beanfield over the decoy this morning and only saw one spike at about 7:30. He came bounding into the field and stopped. When he did I grunted and he looked over toward me. Then suddenly noticed the decoy! He never did come all the way in, but messed around at about 35yds for about 10 minutes. Got some great pix,but our picture guy Vance(Iron Bull) is actually headded this way on his way to Charlie's,to go to GA.

He should be here tomorrow mid day....really lookin' forward to that!!

After the morning hunt we went to the DB blind to see if there were any tirkeys around. I did manage to call a single lone hen in with some kee-kees and yelps...but I also managed to miss her...well I actually think she might have batted my arrow away with her wings....that's my story and I'm stickin' to it...besides the video Tracy took is blurry...so he can't prove me wrong....we had a good laugh!

But we had a better laugh when I was getting out to check my arrow and I shot a squirrel and had to chase it down....now that was a comedy act...we'll get Vance to post all the videos when he gets here....I can almost guarantee a good laugh at this one....the turkeys are kickin' my butt!!

This afternoon I went back to the bean field...the wind was very inconsistant. But I did see a coon and a little 6 pt.....Not much at all going on....but tomorrows another day...

We've got a lot more pix to post when Vance gets here.....  I'll let Tracy tell you about his day.....   Curt } >>------>

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2007, 01:18:00 AM »
Had a Hitch in the get goin  :wavey:    :wavey:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©