3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KANSAS..........video and photo re-cap...pg. 15  (Read 3639 times)

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KANSAS..........video and photo re-cap...pg. 15
« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2007, 06:03:00 AM »
Vance, We will give you a call when we get back from hunting.

My morning hunt was pretty slow only saw a few turkeys that busted me. There was a nice brand new scrape under the tree stand though with some real nice tracks in it, He worked it over pretty good.

On to the DB blind late morning, I don't know what it is but them turkeys are giving Curt a trouble. Sorry to say the video is a little blurry, My bad but the one of him chasing the tree rat is so funny.

The evening hunt was a little better with 6 turkeys at 30 yards but a coon came running down the hill and spooked them and himself. He ran up the tree next to me. Later I had seven does come by at thirty yards headed down Curts way,Fun night.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
Just got back from a deer hunt of my own with the world's dumbest bowhunter... apologies to Maggie's "Dumb Bunch".

Saw a lot of deer and not a doe in the bunch. Passed several "substandard" bucks and nothing close in the turkey department.

Wish I could make it up to see you guys, but things have just gotten to busy around here with Georgia coming up and the need to finish the St.Jude's Sunbear.
Hope you all understand.... can't think of anywhere I'd rather be than out there with you all!   :campfire:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
Charlie, We totally understand bud....to be honest I couldn't believe you were actually thinking about it as busy as you are with hunting and stuff.  I'll see ya soon enough my friend! Hopefully Tracy will get the priveledge of shaking your hand soon also. You'll really like him Charlie, he's a "good'un"!

This morning was slow as far as deer went(for me). But while still in my stand I once again managed to call in and miss another turkey!! Man there kickin' my butt!!  I'm sure getting to be the subject for a lot of comic relief for Tracy!
Did see 2 coons at daybreak also....

Tracy had a good morning that included a pretty good buck(you'll see video soon with the help of Vance).He wasn't a KS giant,but boy he's a great buck, with long tines and great mass. I'd be proud to bring him back to NY with me!!!

We did find a nice tree that might give us a chance at him(or another buck).Keep your fingers crossed for me.....

We've got alot of pix and video to catch up on soon....

We're very much looking forward to Vance's arrival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
I KNOW it wasn't Curt typing that last post....cuz he never misses  ;)  

Glad ya'll are having a good time...looking forward to more stories, pics, and video.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
Oh it was me!!  I'm starting to hate turkeys!!!!

Thanx bud.....Curt } >>----->

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
Great job of keeping us posted guys, I'm loving this KS reporting! Back from sheep country for a week then back after em, looking forward to the destractions your providing  ;)  
Congrats on the critters you've gotten so far.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
Awesome story telling and the pics are worth the wait. I am wondering if those were hen of the woods mushrooms? Makes a guy wanna go to Kansas. Good luck!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
Thanks Doug, We are pulling for you to get youre sheep.We are injoying youre story as well.Shoot strait and stay safe.

Yep, Hen of the woods one of the best out there.Good job Jamie

Tracy

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »
OK, now I officially hate turkeys!!!!!!!!!!!

No really..I HATE TURKEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat the DB this afternoon after getting another stand up in a great spot where Tracy saw the big 7 pt this morning. Wind wasn't good to hunt it and we disturbed it a bit. So we decided to sit the two blinds. I sat the DB, Tracy sat in his blind about 200yds away.

Wasn't in the blind very long when I heard some yelping up on the hill behind me. I yelped and kee-kee'd a couple times and she answered back... Game-on!

She called and I called as she closed in, and then I could see her and her friend,another hen. I was telling myself the whole time to just relax and get this done. They came in and started to pick around. She quartered away at about 7yds and I picked a spot and shot....right over her back......AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could do nothing but laugh and do a self interview for Tracy's entertainment(we'll get it posted soon).

I did have a shot at a button buck...but I wanted a mature doe, but she never came in....

Another great night in the blind...well except for my shooting......I hang my head.......

High hopes for the morning. It's gonna be about the coolest night since I've been here. Should be in the 40's in the morning......hope for a N,NW wind......

Doug, Pullin' for ya bud!!

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »
Vance should be rollin' in shortly...yee haaa!!

Offline Landshark160

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2007, 10:18:00 PM »
For some reason, I'm getting a feeling that tomorrow morning is gonna be magical......

Good luck guys!   :thumbsup:
Chris
>>>>--------------->

The benefits of a big broadhead are most evident when things go wrong. - CTS

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »
Finally had time to read this whole thing!! You guys are tearin em up! Whale of a doe!!  :eek:  

Keep after em!! GOOD LUCK!!  :clapper:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »
Nice going guys, I got my finners crossed for a N or NW wind!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2007, 11:58:00 PM »
Hmmm...You mmmmmised a turkey at 7 yards? Aren't you the defending "Muzzy Shoot" champ? You used to be my shooting hero...

Peter

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
Vance has made it in safe and sound  :archer:  

Tracy

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2007, 12:05:00 AM »
Guru,

PICK A SPOT

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »
And make sure the spot ya pick is on the animal!
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
Curt ! get out there and bring back some meat, so as to silence these naysayers!!  :wavey:

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
This is the day, I have a feeling. The weather has changed here in the midwest and skys are blue. Saw deer out in the fields around here late morning. They are gonna move this evening. Get em Curt.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »
It was a good day and Curt should be on here soon, Him and Vance are working on some video clips and pictures to post.

Oh yeah, Vance got to help with a blood trail today   :goldtooth:  

Tracy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©