3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KANSAS..........video and photo re-cap...pg. 15  (Read 3640 times)

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KANSAS..........video and photo re-cap...pg. 15
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2007, 06:27:00 PM »
We had a great morning!
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
Pictures??? STORU??? Ticktock, ticktock, we're waiting! Patiently I might add.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
Sorry I meant STORY!
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »
Ok, enough with the suspense building! Load the dadblame video and quit goofin around, you guys have a following here who are living vicariously through you and we need a fix.

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »
Where is the story guys?
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2007, 05:59:00 AM »
Vance got to help with a blood trail? Hope it wasn't his own.   :scared:   He has a way of making himself bleed! CK

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2007, 06:08:00 AM »
ROTHFLOL, That is funny right there Curtis.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »
Vance is just fine....

Soory for the delay, but yesterday was about spending time with Vance,enjoying his company,  and sharing something pretty cool.....

Heading out for my last morning hunt in KS....we'll catch up today....

Vance can't get "hooked up" here, so pix and videos will have to wait till he gets to Charlie's.....he's leaving to get there this afternoon......

Curt } >>-------->
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2007, 06:51:00 AM »
Good luck bro! Let us know what happens!
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »
At least I know now where he is.

Saying Vance is "just fine" may be a stretch.  :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
Charlie, you are teaching theese boys too well on dramatic story telling. LOL. Come on guys we are waiting!!!!!!
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
for sure they have been hanging out with Charlie to long....    :coffee:    :coffee:    :coffee:
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »
Well, Vance just got on the road headed Charlie's way. What a pleasure it was to have him stop by,I hate good buy's but I  know we will get togather again someday. Vance, You know you are welcome at my house anytime big guy.   :)  

The comedy act showed back up today and this time it was Curt's turn to laugh at me. What a morning first my truck's gas gauge is messing up and I need to take it to the dealer. So guess what? I ran out of gas coming into town  :knothead:  So then I get a can of gas and were on the way again still with plenty of time.

Then we pull in the drive way and there stands three deer, All does so we pull around the corner and I shine my light's toward the blind and there is a small 8 pointer and another deer standing in front of it. Alright the deer are moving a little.

Well we get out and I put on my pack and reach into the back of the truck for my bow and guess what? You got it I forgot my bow  :knothead:  Gosh dang it, Can I start this day over yet.

Well, About 9:00 am the turkeys start talking and then fly down off the roost about sixty yards away, Cool. Maybe I can salvage this morning yet, They start feeding my way all hens six of them. We can take 4 turkeys in the fall so the hunt is on. They feed right in to about ten yards and there was a nice one at six. I take my time and pick a spot and release, As if you didn't know, Right over here back  :mad:  They fly up and come right back down. Hey another shot   :thumbsup:

Tracy

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »
Sounds like a great day Tracy! Everyone has those days, some more than others  :banghead:  
Thanks for the updates, pics and such, they help with those of us who don't have much to hunt right now. We can hunt through your hunts. Thanks!! Good luck to you and Curt!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
Well I FINALLY get to laugh a little at Tracy!   :biglaugh:    

Let's back up a bit.......

After a late night visiting with Vance(What an awesome guy), Tracy and I were up early headed to our stands.

I headed to a new stand we put up by where Tracy saw the big 7 the previous morning. My approach was perfect and I was up in the stand quietly, and I settled in.Wind was blowing pretty hard, and from an "ok" direction,not perfect, but not real bad either.

Great morning but not much to see except squirrels. The at 8:30 I suddenly hear crashing and running sounds over the wind noise. As I grab my bow a doe comes running top speed into view and I immediatly see another doe behind her. This first doe is by far the biggest doe I've ever seen in my life!! She had the body of a mature buck and the skinny neck of a doe. Her body was so deep that her legs looked too short for her body. She smoked by without me even getting chance to do anything. So I turned back to find the other doe that was trailing, but I couldn't find her. For a few seconds I figured she'd gone off another way while I was watching the other doe. But I keep thinking that a buck might be the reason these does are running. But nothing shows up after about a minute. As I search I see that the second doe is still 30yds from me behind a screen of brush. She starts to walk the direction the way the other had gone, but that puts her downwind.Up goes her nose, but she continued. I think the wind had her confused, and my scent ritual didn't give her enough to figure things out.

I already have my bow in my hand as she moves in very cautiously. This whole time I've decided to try for her,but am checking to make sure a buck isn't behind. With the string hooked,and my grip relaxed, I draw as she's slowly stepping through an opening. I make a barely audible noise and she stops. At 8yds the white and chart. feathers are a blurr as they disappear exactly where I'm looking. She kicks and bolts,but I watch knowing it won't be a long run. Within seconds I see her fall after making it about 50yds...... I'll be back...

Curt } >>----->

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »
Wow!  After all the years the feeling still hasn't faded a bit.....I just love it!

I sit down to relax, and I see legs moving under the trees...."this has got to be the buck!"

But it wasn't...another doe. She also comes cautiously in and stops right where the other one was, but I grabbed my camera instead. At this point I do something I've never done before in a deer stand. I do a self video inteview of  of what I was feeling. It was all about sharing this with Tracy and bro Vance! Hopefully Vance can get it posted, if not I'll do it when I get home.

I called Tracy to let him know what was going on and he'd be up to me at 10:00. The whole time I'm thinking how we can get Vance here to get him in on all this. But Tracy already had it covered. At about 10:10 I see Tracy coming, and he had Vance with him!!!!!!! Alright !!!    :jumper:    

The next hour or so was one of I'll remember forever. We shared something pretty special. We have lots of pix to share.......

The rest of the day was spent enjoying each other company. A great day!!!!

I'll be back.....Curt } >>------>

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »
That's cool stuff right there Curt. Sharing in that experience with brothers is one of a kind. Can't wait to see the pics. Great story telling guys. Another awesome thread!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »
Well you heard about Tracy's morning        :thumbsup:  

I have a lot of pix and video to catch up on....I think you'll like them

Curt } >>------>

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
Just viewed the video and pics that Vance has and all I can say is "way cool"!! You did great guys. Can't wait till you put them up for everybody.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline BMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
Great stuff guys  :thumbsup:  Can't wait to see the pics and video.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society
Prairie Traditional Archers
TGMM Family of the Bow

The most frightening thing you are likely to encounter in nature is yourself.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©