3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The shakes  (Read 410 times)

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The shakes
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 09:59:00 PM »
One of the best shooters I have ever known shot a 36 pound Pearson Lord Mercury at our NFAA shoots. This fella was huge, well over 250 pounds and shook so bad it was unbelievable. He was the best shot in our whole league by far though.
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Online Gordon Jabben

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »
Yep, I have it too.  Kind of embarrassing and seems to be worse with light bows.  I do shoot with a slightly bent bow elbow which may be part of the cause.

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 01:22:00 AM »
I usually get the shakes just after watching one of my arrows zip thru a critter! It's really bad when its cold outside!

Bisch

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »
LOL, Bisch.

Offline trubltrubl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »
muscle shake can be from dehydration..even slight dehydration....try drinking more water and eating well....I don't have it  99 percent of the time but the very odd day I do and found I ate poorly and especially have not drank enough water...just a thought...muscles need the right biochemestry to work smoothly..give it a try ..let me know if it works....

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 04:20:00 PM »
I was told that high fructose corn syrup is a powerful strength REDUCER, as in Coke and Mountain Dew, plus you can get your blood loaded up with excess triglycerides.  Then your doctor will say you need Gemfibrazal or something like that, which will eat up your muscle fiber. They made me take a blood test, I told them about the liter of RC cola, you bet I got a prescription. Took the garbage for 10 days and I could not shoot my heavy bow.  Found out the stuff tears down muscles, my heart is muscle, threw it all away. Talked to another doc about them moving up the blood test and telling them about the cola I drank, he said one word that said it all, 'idiots'. My blood work was perfect, but I shook bad when the blood drugs were in my system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©