3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TenRingStrings WOW!  (Read 1155 times)

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
TenRingStrings WOW!
« on: April 21, 2015, 09:53:00 PM »
I never would have thought that a string would make such a difference!  A couple of weeks ago, I met Allen Shafer (of TenRingStrings) at a 3D shoot in Virginia.  (Dixie Bowmen)  I got to talking to him about his bowstings and ask if he thought he could help me with a problem.  My bow is a Predator recurve and it has always been "louder" than I liked.  I have installed limb savers, wrapped the string with wool where it comes in contact with the limbs, and installed those big old "cam puffs" silencers.  All that has helped, but it is still louder than I think it should be.  When I hunt, I use wooden arrows that are around 12 to 13 GPI to reduce the noise as much as I can.  Allen asked me what kind of string I was using.  When I told him I was using a D97 string, he suggested that I go to a string made out of a material named FURY.  I ordered one on the spot.  My string arrived a few days later.  Work and hunting for a swamp chicken kept me from trying it out, until today.  The first thing I noticed (other than the obvious quality craftsmanship) was the small cat whisker string silencers he had installed (just like I ordered). I thought that this bow is gonna sound like a .22 rifle going off.  At my first arrow, my jaw dropped!  I could not  believe how quiet my bow was!  Even with the lightest carbon arrows I have, (around 9 GPI), that bow is super quiet.  With my heavy wood arrows, it is just a dull bump.  I have had longbows that made more noise.  I can honestly say that my bow now is as quiet (maybe more so) than an older bow that has a B50 string on it.  The brace height only moved about 1/8 inch before settling in and my arrows bareshaft perfect.  If you have a recurve bow that you can't get as quiet as you want, do yourself a favor.  Call Allen Shafer at TenRingStrings.        :thumbsup:
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline Bowitis

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TenRingStrings WOW!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 11:14:00 PM »
I had a similar situation with a bow with carbon limbs, no fiber glass.   I love the bow except for the carbon "ping or twang".  I tried a lot of strings with no help.  Allen built a "FURY" string for me, the noise is all but gone.  

Not to mention Allen's quality, customer service and pricing is the best.
JD Berry Taipan
2 Heartland Surge

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 06:47:00 AM »
Lee, I'm glad the new string helped out!   :p  

Fury realy is a fantastic material, just as you and Kevin experienced. I am hearing similar stories from happy archers on a weekly basis!   :archer:  

Hopefully we will met up again at Dixie or another range this year...and keep your fingers crossed that it is warmer that last month's shoot!

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 07:17:00 AM »
I have purchased three strings from Allen. Two of the strings were made out fury. The fury is great stuff and Allen is a super guy.

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 01:25:00 PM »
Allen makes awesome strings.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 01:35:00 PM »
Best strings out there. I do not use Fury but the B55 he makes is on all of my Schafers, got a Cari-Bow Silver Fox coming so will have him make me a couple of the Fury strings for it, get all my strings from Allen.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »
I agree with all above. My old SK has new life since I got a B55 from Alan. I wonder if the new fury would quite down my Bear TD? Only way to find out I guess.

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 07:22:00 AM »
Originally posted by shed hunter:
Allen makes awesome strings.
Yep, he's made 2 for me so far; I won't be buying any other strings from now on.
SWA Spyder

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
I love the Fury material. Absolutely no stretch after first 50-75 arrows. Mine has been braced for two months now and it hasn't moved. As said the quality of an A.S. string is top shelf.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline bbold

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 08:38:00 AM »
Allen is the Man to get your strings from. Been dealing with him for yesrs. Always a great string.

Offline Meathook 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 08:39:00 AM »
So far Fury is the best material I've shot. I have around 10 strings for various bows that Allen made for me. Great Strings and person to deal with.

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 12:03:00 PM »
I agree with Meathook. My new Fury string from Allen is the best string workmanship and best string material that I have ever shot. I'm amazed at how stable my Fury string is compared to my other low-stretch strings (D-10 & 450+). Absolutely no stretch after the first half hour of shooting. Also when I asked for an exactly 61-1/2" long string that's what I got. Not so much from other string builders.

I'm very impressed with Fury. My bare shaft tests went from showing slightly stiff to showing slightly weak. That tells me my bow is shooting more efficiently with the Fury string. How much faster that is I don't know as I don't have access to a chronograph either. Good stuff from Allen. I will be purchasing more strings from him. Thank you Allen.

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 10:11:00 AM »
I ordered a couple strings the other day, one with black and gold for my Iowa roots, one with silver and red for my Grizzles (tough being a Griz in kitty Cats territory)

Pretty excited for them to come, got the adjustable string nocn sets and also had Allan wrap the ends to help my TallTines be even more quiet
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 10:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by Iowabowhunter:
I ordered a couple strings the other day, one with black and gold for my Iowa roots, one with silver and red for my Grizzles (tough being a Griz in kitty Cats territory)

Pretty excited for them to come, got the adjustable string nocn sets and also had Allan wrap the ends to help my TallTines be even more quiet
Jacob, I just mailed your strings this morning. I hope you enjoy them!

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »
As I have said many times " great guy, great strings" you can't go wrong with Allen    :thumbsup:
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline straight_arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »
Allen is a pro for sure.  The new Fury is outstanding!
"They're all trophies"

Offline Sawpilot 75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 10:54:00 PM »
Allen is the man for sure! I received my today. By far the best string I have ever shot!

Offline carpenter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 06:26:00 AM »
I agree with all the above statement's, ordering another string today.
Howard Hill Wesley Special  HH Halfbreed

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 06:56:00 AM »
Allen is on my 'speed mail', probably received close to two dozen strings from him over the past two years. Great stuff.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline hunterjrg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 08:03:00 AM »
I ordered one for my Holm Osprey longbow. I've been checking my mailbox

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©