3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ACS bows  (Read 1359 times)

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
ACS bows
« on: October 07, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
My number has been called by ACS bows. I was wanting to get a few responses from the family about the quality,feel,speed,sound,etc. What are your thoughts? Likes dislikes?
Thanks everyone!
MountainTool21

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ACS bows
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
they  are great shooter, but man the price is just a hole different issue.
“instinctive archery” is more like playing the violin. Without practice you may remember the mechanics, but you will not be a virtuoso.

62" titan riser and samick master limbs 50@28

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
Sweet glad to hear John got ahold of you congrads on your new toy
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »
Buy it, you will like it.
John

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »
Xia Swampbuck
thanks for the response. How is the handshock?

Offline Precurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
There is no hand shock that I can notice.  This is the smoothest, fastest and most forgiving bow I've found so far.

Offline redant 60/65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
Mountain Tool21 I have a 64" 54 @28 love the bow  got it from a Trad. member two months ago, a week later I got the call from A&H and I order another one a little heavier, they really are one of a kind long bow, no hand shock, the only noise I hear is the carbon arrow coming off the rest. They are light in weight so I added a four arrow bow quiver, to help stablizes the bow a little. I have to agree with every one eles they are a little pricey, but every one has to pay the bills,I think you will like it, shoot it and give it some time  :thumbsup:
Larry

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
I just got mine and I must say, it is the most forgiving long bow I have shot. Workmanship is excellent. No handshock, not even a hint of it. A set of Wooly whisperer's and it is SILENT. My ACS CX is 62" and 47lbs @ 28". It flat out smokes an Axis arrow!!!!! I am so pleased with it, I ordered a second set of limbs. You won't be disappointed.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
Best bow I have ever owned or shot.  I also have a quiver on mine and like the added weight.  Quiet, fast and I love the grip!  Mine is 64" and 49#@28".  I would like another one 62" and 55#@28", but will have to hold off until after I get my one piece from O.L.  then maybe one of the new 16" riser ACS CX's will find its way under the ole Christmas tree!

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Just got one, too, and am still getting used to it.  The preload in the limbs is a little distracting for me, as I like a bow that build poundage a bit more smoothly.  They aren't the prettiest bows, and the finish could be a little nicer (it's okay, but most other bows I've had have been much nicer).  I personally don't find it forgiving, but that's me.  No handshock.  Grip is a little small.

It is fairly quiet, and pretty fast, but I'm just not sure it's what I'm looking for.  I'll give it some time.  But, as you can see, alot of people love them, so I could just be missing something!

Mark

Offline redant 60/65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
Mark  I will agree with you about the preload some, it does stack pretty fast after 28" but I pull alittel over 27" as for looks they are not the prettiest bow, but I like the clean look of it, as for the grip I shot wheel bows for a while and I like the smaller grip. As with all the bows out there, it's not for every one.  :thumbsup:
Larry

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Larry, I agree.   I just went outside and shot it, and I was consistently hittling a beer can from 15 to 30 yards.  What's that about? I need to learn what it wants from me, I guess.  It is a nice bow.  It's just making me work.   :)    :rolleyes:

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
I must be the odd man out...

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
What about comparing the Black Widow long bow to the ACS CX?  I have never owned either one but I would like to hear from someone who has.

Thanks alot
Richie
Richie Nell

Black Widow
PSA X Osage/Kingwood 71#@31

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »
I have 2 of them (my wife thinks the second one belongs to my 14 year old, come to think of it he does too........) this is the only bow I shoot now and my accuracy and confidence are way up.
These days lots of top bows are 1200 and more. The ACS is a good value; smooth, fast and great to look at. I dropped 7 pounds in bow weight going from 56+ down to 49. Love the bow. One big negative is that my other bows are now very pedestrian by comparison.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
That dollar offer is still good buddy.    :bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »
Great responses from all of you. A couple more questions; one, is the grip medium or high? Can the guys at ACS make a medium to high grip? second, do the limbs have carbon in them? Thanks again
MountainTool21

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »
Thats what the C in ACS stands for Carbon. The grip is a medium, Larry can tell you if they'll do any others yet.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
Vermonster
You're awesome my friend. What would you prefer a black swan hybrid or this ACS longbow?
MountainTool21

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »
Both are excellent bows. Which you prefer is what matters.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©