3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NEED HELP Please... Pics...  (Read 286 times)

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
NEED HELP Please... Pics...
« on: April 22, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »
Hey Guys,

I'm currently putting a presentation together for the Annual Hunter Ed Instructor Conference here in CA. My topic is "An Introduction to Tuning the Hunting Trad-Bow for Optimum Arrow Flight, Accuracy and Performance".

This will be a short 60-75 minute presentation covering the BASIC steps of tuning a tradbow to achieve a optimal arrow flight for the ethical harvest of game. I have the outline pretty much sorted out, but I need some images/pictures to be displayed behind me as reference material (Just supporting pictures, I don't want it to be a death by power point presentation). I have and can take pictures of most of everything I need, but there are some things I don't have and I know a few of you might have some better pictures that will look a LOT nicer than mine stored on your hard drives.

Here's what I'm asking for....

If you are willing to send me pictures to use in my presentation, I ask they be yours and not something you copied from the internet. I'd like your permission to use the photo's for this presentation (I will not be using this to make money, it is just an informational presentation for fellow Hunter Ed Instructors who want to learn more about hunting with traditional archery equipment). I would like to create a "THANK YOU" list of names who contributed photo's at the end of the slide show, so please include your first and last name with your submissions. If you are willing to help out and share some pictures, please send them to...

stumpbuster430 at hotmail dot com  

Here are some images I could really use...

Selfbow (full, handle)

English Longbow (Full, handle)

Modern Barebow (full, sight window & plunger rest)

Heck... I'll be happy to look at/use ANY bow pics you want to share!  

Harvested Game with a Traditional tackle clearly visible

Arrow resting on knuckle

parallel, tapered &  barreled shafts next to each other

self nocks

ANY tuning pictures you have (ie: weak shaft in flight, bareshaft groups, paper tears, etc.) they will likely be better than my pictures.

Chisel Point and Expandable Broadhead pictures

A Hunting Arrow set-up for EFOC

Broken arrows

Close up of dead center hit in a 3D target or paper bullseye with broadhead tipped arrow (If you have a shot you're especially proud of, maybe I can share it with a bunch of good folks.)

THAT's IT.

THANK YOU in advance for ALL the help!!!

Sincerely,

Mike
In the wind, he's still alive...

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NEED HELP Please... Pics...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »
Im sure folks are gonna turn in some great pics, just wanted to say that your class sounds great! But more importantly great job thouroughly cover aspects that don't get touched on nearly enough. When I was a kid my bow hunter ed course was very limited. We just discussed bleeding, a little tracking, and equipment requirments by law.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 08:24:00 AM »
Any way you could post this presentation after you've given it to the class? I'm a total noob at tuning and although there is a lot of great info out there, I'm sure this will be a great source of info!
"If you're not bowhunting, your spirit is on standby." - Uncle Ted

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 01:21:00 AM »
shreffler,

I appreciate the vote of confidence and I wish I could provide you with something useful, but the Power Point program is only going to have pictures of trad equipment and tuning tools for the students to look at while I explain the BASIC tuning procedures. The notes I'll be using myself for the presentation will mostly be topic titles with a few notes to remind me of some details for reference, but most of the lecture will be from memory. There isn't going to be a detailed outline with all the info as I plan on referring the students to check here (TradGang) and other resources for more detailed/specific information.

If you'd like, you can send me a PM and I'll send you my final outline of topic titles, but it won't have too much "how to" information in it. If I can help in any other way, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist you in any way I can. Heck, I'd even fly out out to PA and help ya set up your bow, but you'd have to pay for my flight then feed and house me. :goldtooth:  :laughing:    

Seriously, if I can help let me know, but there is a wealth of info here, on the net and in some excellent books that will answer all your questions in much more detail than I probably could. If you need help understanding something, feel free to ask.

THANKS AGAIN and Good Shooting!!!

Mike

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
I have received a few pictures already...THANK YOU!

I appreciate the help and I guess I should clarify that this information is going to be presented to other Hunter Ed Instructors at our Annual Conference as one of many optional seminars being offered on the first day. There's just no way we could provide this much info on trad equipment in a basic 10-12hr class. I just wanted to offer something a little "outside the box" this year to keep the conference classes new and different. My other motvation of course is to maybe recruit some new archers into the trad family. I have no way of knowing how many people will attend the class, but if only one person shows up, it'll be fun and worth the effort of putting it all together.

Thanks Again for all the help and e-mails,

Mike

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »
Mike,

If I'm paying for anyone's flight, you better believe I'm going to be the one making the trip to California and making a vacation out of it!    :biglaugh:

I appreciate the help. I'm going to do some research here soon, as I haven't really devoted the time to understand what I need to do. If I'm still struggling I will remember your presentation outline.

I'd still like to hear how it goes, that'll be a great presentation for everyone involved! Good luck!

Alex
"If you're not bowhunting, your spirit is on standby." - Uncle Ted

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »
I emailed you some pics Mike. Hope they help...sounds like a great thing your doing!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 08:03:00 PM »
sent you a  few pics but I have deleted my tuning pictures a long time ago.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
I like Stumpbuster Traditions

God bless, Steve

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 05:04:00 PM »
THANK YOU for all the submitted pics!!! I think I'm pretty much covered, but if you want to send in any more pictures of nice tight groups in the vitals of a 3D target, paper tears, trad taken game or just scenery pics with tradbows in them, I can probably fit them into a slideshow at the beginning and end of my presentation.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©