3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: form tutorial?  (Read 178 times)

Offline Greg_M

• Trad Bowhunter
form tutorial?
« on: April 26, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »
Is there a form tutorial somewhere for traditional shooting?

I'm not looking to make any major changes but thought I'd revisit what I'm doing to see if I'm sloppy anywhere. Often as the arrow leaves the shelf I think that's a good one, or the opposite, a bad one. I'm never certain what makes a shot feel right or wrong but it's rare to have 'a good one' go to sideways or 'a bad one' hit centre. Some awareness of what to shoot for, start to finish, might be good for me. I shoot alone so lack the criticism from other shooters a club atmosphere provides.

Maybe you know of a video series (or text) somewhere worth recommending?

Thanks folks!

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: form tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
Here's some info on shot sequence. For the most part, it's really basic though, my intention on filming was to aid beginners.

http://rysanpei.blogspot.com/p/one-thing-i-always-talk-about-is-shot.html  

If you're looking for a series of DVD's I'd highly recommend the Masters of the Barebow.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Masters+of+the+Barebow+Complete+DVD+Set_i7032-5_baseitem.html

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 05:21:00 PM »
Also check out the "Shooter's Form" forum right here on Tradgang. Terry's "Form Clock" post was very helpful to me.

On Youtube, check out Moebow's & Jimmy Blackmon's videos. Both guys have a wealth of information shared in their vids.

As for buying DVD's, I agree that the Masters of the BareBow series is great. The 3rd in the set is the most in-depth explaning of a couple guys' styles, with the first 2 discs covering a wider variety of styles, but not REAL detailed in any one of the styles.

Rick Welches "Accuracy Factory" videos are good too. Just a different style than a lot of others'.

Good luck in your search for what works for you, and let us know how they work out for ya.

Offline Greg_M

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 08:22:00 PM »
Thanks Ryan! Very useful series. I watched a few, shot some, watched some more. Gave me something to think about each shot. Just what I was looking for.

I'm glad I asked for help here. The suggestions for DVD's and videos (both on the forum and via PM) give me lots of options.

And Fattony77 "Shooter's Form forum? I can't believe I've been reading this board regularly for over a year and didn't know there was a shooter's form forum   :banghead:  

Thanks everyone!!

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 01:10:00 AM »
This is a very good one:  
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©