3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Put your Faith in God, not in the hands of..  (Read 290 times)

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
Put your Faith in God, not in the hands of..
« on: April 27, 2015, 05:13:00 PM »
a slacker who claims to be a bow hunter.

I have the St. Jude Faith bow this month and if you follow that thread, you know I'm getting frustrated with the brazen hussy hens and the artful-dodger toms. I had to be in court this week and was up 'til 3 this AM getting ready, so I decided to bag turkey hunting and instead slipped into the hot tub out on the deck before first light. I hadn't been in the tub 30 seconds, giving thanks for the pale pink in the sky and the migrating warblers overhead, when a tom  gobbled less than 100 yards  away, on the other side of the house! That was only the beginning of a 30 minute concert of four very vocal toms gobbling all around me, one up close on the ground just below and one up the ridge above me about 200 yards, both  moving slowly downhill and away and two others that sounded like they were still on their roosts about 1/4 mile below. It was a still morning with just a bit of mist from a light rain earlier and the sound carried across the cove. I cant say I would have it any other way, and now I know the toms will be up high in the mornings when the northerly wind stops. I encountered  tom #1 on the edge of the road below the house as I drove into town 30 minutes later. I stopped, rolled down the window and gave him the evil eye. That made him a little nervous.
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Offline Sam Mashni

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Put your Faith in God, not in the hands of..
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 08:19:00 PM »
how nervous was he??????? i have only seen hens, only hear an occasional gobble! i like the "brazen hussy" hens.......
Thank you

Sam

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 09:13:00 PM »
My wife and I were out on a two track in the truck and a long beard walked across the road in front of us . I stopped and he stopped about 15 feet from us . I did a couple of mouth yelps and then gobbled . He puffed up and danced in a circle for us .
Buy the way , I didn't even have a rock to throw at him .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 09:31:00 PM »
Keep after them and good luck with Faith!

Bisch

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 09:54:00 PM »
I suspect some of you think I am making all this up. I wish. Look who was waiting for me by the edge of the road when I got home at 7:45 tonight.

This nice jake is not the same bird that got my evil eye this morning and obviously I am not viewed as much of a threat around here..these photos are taken at 6 and 4 feet from my car window as I rolled alongside and trash-talked him.
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 07:44:00 AM »
I've given them the evil eye and made them nervous before... so nervous that they laughed and laughed and laughed!
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©