3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rinehart 100 - What can you tell me  (Read 336 times)

Offline Tatonka17

• Trad Bowhunter
Rinehart 100 - What can you tell me
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:08:00 AM »
The Rinehart 100 is coming through Missouri this weekend and I'm kicking around the idea of going.  Any fellow TradGangers going to be there?  Never been to this shoot, so wondered if someone that has can tell me if it's worth the steep entry fee?  Are you waiting behind a bunch of wheelie guys for hours upon hours?  I'd be interested in anyone else's thoughts or experiences.

Thanks

Offline double eagle

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rinehart 100 - What can you tell me
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 08:22:00 AM »
I will be there shooting my Kodiak Hunter 60" #50.  You won't be disappointed.  My wife shoots wheels so I blend into the groups.  I've never spent a long time waiting for groups ahead of us unless there is a large group in which I go around and come back later.  You can shoot the 100 targets in one day, but that is a push.  I like to shoot 50 each day.  This will be my 3rd one in MO.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:31:00 AM »
I've been a handful of times in Iowa. Great targets, lots of fun. Expensive? Yes. Waiting behind compounders and other folks is likely depending on when you go. And because this world is full of unique people, some will be more pleasant than others.....  :)  Pretty sure if you understand all this going in, you'll enjoy yourself. If you have tension going in, it may not be ideal. Great targets, typically well run & attended event. In Iowa it was predominantly compounders, traditional folks were in the minority.

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 08:37:00 AM »
Good door prizes and raffles. You'll shoot some cool targets that you've probably never shot before.
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 08:38:00 AM »
Shot 3 when I was using a wheel bow. Go with a friend or 2 & you should have fun. There are some unique targets thrown in there. Congestion varied, sometimes I could walk right up, other times had a couple of groups ahead of us. I did think the traditional stake sets were often "challenging "
SWA Spyder

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 08:48:00 AM »
Where will the shoot be held? If it's on the west side I may try to go.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Tatonka17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys.  I think I'll try and head that direction for the weekend.  Sounds like it will be a fun shoot.  Hope to see some of you there.

Offline Tatonka17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 09:56:00 AM »
Ksbowman - the shoot is in Columbia at Prairie Grove Shotgun Sports. Let me know if you decide to head over, wouldn't mind shooting with some fellow 'Gang'ers.

Offline hensone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
Shot one in NC a couple months ago, and as long as you can get out there before the wheelie crowd starts its awesome! We ended up skipping a few groups and hitting those targets on the way out. Had 50 shot within about 3-4 hrs. Good luck!

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »
I was with ethan^ GET THERE AT DAYLIGHT. Also, dont be afraid to jump around and shoot the targets out of order. Aint nobody got time to wait on the wheelie boys, oh yea its known distance, use that to your advantage(african targets are HUGE)

Dalton
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 08:13:00 PM »
It was alot of fun.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »
We shot most of the targets from the wheelie flags, absolutely drove them crazy because, we were really in our game !

I won't go to another though, just too much waiting for them to shoot. When Rinehart has one for Traditional shooters, that is when I'll go to my next 100.

Have fun !
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »
I shot the one earlier this month in Lindsborg, Ks.. It is a fun pair of course and my buddy and I made it through both of them there on Saturday. The stakes for us trad shooters were well placed but, as I understand, the courses are laid out by the host clubs so that probably varies.

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 07:12:00 AM »
Awesome shoot and great targets!! Go and have a good time.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 08:44:00 AM »
Great shoot, great targets, and Rinehart is a terrific youth-supporting organization!  This is the only 3D shoot I've ever gone too where the targets are so unique (huge life-size) participants have their pictures taken with them.

It is close as I'll ever get to shooting a Cape Buffalo, Giraffe,and many other beasts.  Definitely worth the money.  The compound folks don't bother me, I just shoot around them and come back to targets I skipped. There would be no shoot like this if not for the masses of compound folks supporting it.

Offline Tatonka17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 03:23:00 PM »
Well I went, but only made it through about half the targets. Glad I went and it was fun, but probably  something I'll only do once. I did some math and we averaged about 12-13 minutes of waiting per target. To shoot one arrow!  I went by myself and was grouped with some wheelie guys, which one guy I started timing just to see how long it took him to shoot, he averaged about 2 minutes 20 seconds from the time he stepped up to the stake, until he let an arrow fly!
Rinehart puts on a good shoot and is a great organization, I just don't have the patience for a lot of these big shoots I guess. Hope those that went had a good time.

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 06:13:00 PM »
Cody, good trad shoots aren't that  slow. There will be some close to you this summer go to them if at all possible. We'll get together soon and shoot and BS.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 10:42:00 PM »
Tatonka,
Sorry to hear it was such a slow shoot for you. For a good shoot with a bunch of stick bow folks drive out to the traditional rondy just south of Topeka the last weekend in May. 40 targets on a great course with free camping.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©