3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ADK attack update (pic's added)  (Read 489 times)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ADK attack update (pic's added)
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »
thank you drew as once again you went above and beyond the limit of sharing knowledge, gifts and great times! i will definitly hunt with ya agin this year at some point!
 Chuck,
      Nathan had a doe and fawn at 10 yards, frontal shot and she was burning eye holes in him, no shot available. i had a doe about 15 yards in brush just behind my mothers house, no shot.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
Hey Ken, when does Vic arrive?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Well, not much can be said that Drew and Chuck already mentioned, but Ken...you sir, are one fine host.
I can't begin to describe the time I had on this hunt. Great food, great folks, and great hunting. I may not have seen anything, but this ranks up there with my top hunts. I gained so much from all, in lessons learned and gifts recieved.
Many thanks again, to Ken, his mother, as well as my new hunting buds Chuck, Drew, Nate, and John...
Oh, and I still say you guys caught me on two of my "good" shooting days...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »
Dave : Unfortunately Vic was not able to make out and he was missed :0( Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »
That's to bad. I was thinking it was next week for some reason. He was going to call me so I could come meet him when he got into Albany.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline KodiakBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 06:36:00 AM »
Gotta love tiger stripe pants and a plait shirt

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
TTT
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member

Offline Mr Vic at the cabin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
What a great crew! Sorry Dave I thought I emailed you but I dropped the ball again. Seems to be me lately. Have Jury duty until January and it ruined the trip for me, of course they didn't need me the other day. Seems on one day and one hand I get blessed and then the next day the other hand gets stomped. Guess thats life. Lots to learn from it. Nothing would have lifted my heart more than to have made it out there and hunted with a finer group of brothers. Glad you guys had a good time.   Vic
"If i could help just ONE person on the good path and see things they did not understand i would feel that i have accomplished something worthy in my life."  Ken Mowery (Adkmountainman)

Offline Adirondackman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
Ken - Thanks for the great job you did again on this very enjoyable hunt in the Adirondacks.Both You and your mother go out of your way to make this hunt such a memorable experience. It is because of your efforts that we are able to meet and share the woods with other traditional bow hunters. Thanks Ken. This is the second year that I had a chance to hunt with Drew and I must say that he is one of the most unselfish people that I have ever met. He gives as much of his self as he does with all of the goodies that he brings. He has a wealth of knowledge to share with building your own bow hunting equipment. Thanks Drew. I really enjoyed hunting with Chuck also. When I first met Chuck I felt like that I had known him for many years. I was in the military for a few years and we had a saying about people that you could really trust with your life. "I would share a fox hole with Chuck". I wouldn't want to be in that fox hole while he is trying to call in a bear.Thanks Chuck. I also met Nathan and Chris and enjoyed thier company. I would not challenge them to any type of shooting contest as these two guys can shoot.Nathan is a deer magnet(I think that they liked his scent). Chris could stand on a small stump and he would be as high as me in a 10'tree stand. Both are great Trad guys to be around.Thanks Nathan and Chris. I hope to hunt with all of you guys again. Looking forward to meeting the rest of the Trad Gang next year.Thanks again Ken.
"at some point technology becomes not an aid but a substitute for sportsmanship" - Aldo Leopold

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
Sorry all but I haven't had a minute to spare since coming back on monday night(plus my home computer is crapped out so this had to wait till I had a lull at work).
 I can say that not 10 minutes has gone by without with me breaking out in an ear to ear grin thinking about what a great time I was able to have because of Ken's generosity. It seems that all the great adjectives have already been used up in an effort to convey to all of you what an amazing bunch of guys came together for this weekend.  Without Ken and the "Amazing Mother Mowrey" none of this could have been possible, PERIOD!  My words seem feeble and incapable of getting my point across, but I'll try just the same.
  I'll proceed in the loose order that I met my new brothers.  Chris who I am pretty sure is the first traditional hunter to complete the highly sought after domestic grand slam (much like the Denny's grand slam I am told...)!  From what I saw of Chris' shooting, I wisely chose to wait till I'm safely back home to give him a few jabs.  A great shot and an even better guy, hope to get him down my way for a hunt.   Chuck is extremely guarded about his secret life as a top level trick shooter, (sorry chuck, pics to follow!) and believe it or not, an even better guy to share a camp with (always a smile, a kind word, and a love of adult beverages to match my own). The plans are already in the works for him to come down and try a few of my hotspots.    
  Someone already said that it felt like we had all already known each other for a long time right from the start, and I couldn't agree more.  Unfortunately I was only able to hunt one morning with John, but his easy going manner and knowledge of the area made him a real great guy to share a hunt with...and he knows his way around a bow to say the least.  As far as that guy Drew goes, I don't think there could be much more said about the man that would describe him any better. For my part I would say he is a prince of a man, generosity without bounds, a fountain of knowledge that seemed to flow non-stop and the patience to take the time to show even a dense sob such as myself quite a few new tricks. Like he already said, Drew and I got to hang out quite a bit and besides all the other good things everyone has said about him as a campmate, he also showed himself to be a great father, husband, and friend.
I'll take this time to jump back to the beginning and again say what a great friend, host and hunter Ken is, we all owe Ken and his wonderful mother a large debt of gratitude.  Better people you will find nowhere.
  This is one of those memorable hunts that you carry with you in the dark times in order to make the day a little brighter. Thanks Ken  
Thanks again to everyone that shared the weekend! (even Bocce...figured I'd mention him before his feelings got hurt)
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Nate , you my friend have a heart of gold also :0)  :notworthy:    :notworthy:
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »
I'm close Nate, but I haven't completed the domestic slam...only have a black angus and the rarer llama left to complete it...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 12:18:00 AM »
HAHAHA...

Thanks for being a good sport Bud, i have a feeling this is one of those things that follows a man around for a while (I know cause there's a few gross exagerations about my adventures going around. All lies of course!!)
 Keep open a day over the next two weekends and I'll try my best to get you on some deer.  I'll pm you all and try and see what day works best for everyone over the next day or so.
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »
Why is it I have that same feeling?  :knothead:    :knothead:
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
Chris : Prolly cause I'm here to keep it going :0) HEHE
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »
Chris,
      i think i can set ya up on the lama hunt however it is a sub species, a donkey. it is also a penned hunt and i highly suggest taking the shot early morning before the porch light comes on!   :readit:    :D
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Man : I just talked to my brother and he says there is a white duck on the swamp , must be domestic, want to try for him Chris ?? :0-)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »
Why, oh why, do I get the feeling that I'm gonna have to post the pics of that turkey sometime???   :rolleyes:
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©