3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NC bowhunters!  (Read 294 times)

Offline Matthew Bolton

• Trad Bowhunter
NC bowhunters!
« on: May 03, 2015, 07:38:00 PM »
I'm going to be moving to the Raleigh area in a few weeks for 6 months for a job with NCWRC. My question to you guys is what kind of ranges, if any, would be available to me? I'd hate to spend May-October without being able to shoot my deer hunting stuff which would basically render me out of bowhunting for the rest of the season. Also what kind of bow fishing might be available in the area? Thanks guys

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NC bowhunters!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 07:55:00 PM »
Hello from the mountains! Im up in ashe county (nw corner) and although we do have an awesome bow club and range, probably wont do you much good as youl be About 2.5 hours away.

However, go check out shootarchery.com, there are several clubs near you! Glad to see a stickbow guy in with the brass.

Dalton
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
Delete, duplicate
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
Burlington is a good bet and nearby.  Club is the former Sissipahaw Traditional Archers.  New name this year that I don't recall, contact Kevin Lawler who's a member here.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 09:06:00 PM »
Matthew, there should be some good bowfishing on Jordan Lake, a huge complex southwest of Raleigh. Check with the WRC, but I don't think NC has adopted regs to allow night bowfishing. If you're in a canoe or kayak, it has to be at a complete stop before you shoot. Motor has to be cut off on  a motorized boat last I checked. Jordan has innumerable shallow fingers with reeds and structure for carp, drum ,etc. Never saw any longnose gar.
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
Head west a bit on I-40 and see Don Ward at Eagle's Flight Archery in Mebane. Also drop by our shoot in May at Barefoot Traditional Archers. We're just 4ish mile south of 40 off Hwy 49...about 3/4 of a mile past Handgunners indoor pistol range.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=94;t=003393
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 09:37:00 AM »
Mathew Bolton, As Bud B said, we are located about 50 mi. west of Raleigh just off I-40 at Mebane, NC. We are a traditional archery shop and do some shooting indoors. We have a Tuesday night (6:30pm) gathering to shoot and talk. Usually there are from 6 to 10 guys, and several of them are serious hunters. Tuesday nights here or a regular event at Barefoot Archery would be a good chance to meet other bowhunters. Don Batten and John Dill are two guys east of Raleigh that might be helpful also.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©