3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Steel Force Broadheads  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
Steel Force Broadheads
« on: January 23, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
Anyone use Steel Force serated glue on broadheads?
Look real nice, but never used one on game.
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Steel Force Broadheads
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »
While I have not used them I have read many and I mean many negative reviews of them. Apparently they (serrated and non) curl very easily which is not surprising by looking at them.

Offline md126

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »
they fly well but curl easily and leave a very poor blood trail. on more than one occasion i've seen deer shot very well take an extremely long time to die with these heads....JMO

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »
Fellas,

Thank's for replies.  No wonder I sw a listing were their so cheap to buy. Maybe good for small game.

Jim

Offline flntknp17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
Guess I will be the lone guy that says "steelforce heads are awesome!"

I have killed 8-10 deer and a 250+ lb wild pig with steelforce and have had superb results every time.  No curling, awesome bloodtrails, and quick decisive kills.

Just my $0.02 about my POSITIVE experiences with steelforce.

Matt

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »
I also have to agree with Matt. I have been shooting the Steelforce 150 4 blade Hellfires for two years. I have killed 4 does 1 buck and 2 oppossum and 1 raccoon. And I' ve done it all with the same broadhead. All I have to say is I think they are a excellent broadhead and great blood trails and I'm not switching. They fly like a field point don't rattle and are super sharp.  Thanks Chad
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »
I use Steel Force heads (screw in model) and busted thru the shoulder of a spike last year and the arrow exited out lower neck (deer duck/spun on release). Head is in fine shape and ready to take another deer. I like and use SF heads.

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline kerry@work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »
I have killed an elk, hog and a whitetail with steelforce. I have only good results to reprt from using them ON GAME. However, i curled one when I shot a marble rock...

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
So maybe I will pickem up anr tryem..

3-3pks (9 broadheads) of anty mix of 125 or 140 two blade glue on for $15 + shipping.

Deal or No Deal?

Offline LazerRay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »
I thought they left a poor blood trail as well, I love Wensel Woodsmans I tracked my last deer 8 yards
Contempt prior to investigation leads to everlasting ignorance!
William James

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »
I have some of the 2 blade glue ons and they look better than the 4 blade SteelForce, the ferrule is longer and thicker. The 4 blades are terrible. My friend insists on using them even though 4 out of 5 hits on game resulted in bent, broken or exploded heads.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »
I have never tried the Steel Force but can say that the Wensel Woodsmans are VERY good. I will hope to draw some blood with the Simmons landsharks soon as they fly Great and sharpen easy.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »
I have to disagree with the bad blood trail.....

I have been bowhunting for 25 years and every head I ever used at one time or another has left a "bad blood trail". There is just so much going on here that I would need more than one experience to say its the heads fault and not some other factor.

In my experiences with this head I have killed a huge buck with the glue on 125 serrated head, total distance deer traveled after hit was 15 yards, The I killed a doe with the head that went 10 yards.  Then I took a poor shot and just took out one lung on a button buck, and it took my 8 hours to find him and he went about a mile.  I'd say the head is a good one but it can only do its job if we do ours and take close responsible shots.
Make a life, not a living

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
One of the Shrewhaven gang has had good results with the 2 blade glue on steelforce. He's used it on numerous kills over the last 4 years with no strength or blood trailing issues.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »
I have killed over 45 deer with them and and always had great results. Great blood trails and no busted up heads. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
I have had excellent results with the titanium  100s but they have just gotten to expensive for me.
I have had negative results with there SS 125 screw in heads sharp as all get out but I had three just plain shatter on impact of both deer and the ground only head I have ever seen that happen.Thats when I tried the above head. Took everything from caribou to hogs with them with good results, shooting muzzy phatoms at present. So there yo go for what its worth.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
There are alot BH's out there its like religon and politics, when ya talk about them...I tried em on hogs...I just dont care for them ...there not hard enough for me...Stainless isnt a hard steel...I saw bowhunter that showed me 18 all the tips had horseshoed...not for me...
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
I've got some 4 blade 125 screw ins.I bought a bunch from one of the countrys leading trad archery suppliers to find that not one out of 18 would spin & I tried everything.I called steelforce & told him were I purchased them & he said they were seconds.This man had just purchased the company a couple of weeks earlier.He told me to box up the heads & send them to him & he would make it right.A little over a week later he sent some heads to replace the others(a much more exspensive type)& followed up with a phone call to make sure I was happy.The heads he sent were all perfect.I haven't taken any critters with these heads yet but really like how they shoot.All I can say is the people that own & run steelforce heads now are WORLDCLASS & have the best customer service of anybody I've dealt with...Looking forward to using them this spring....
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »
I've taken a few deer with the Hellfire 150's, and have not had a failure.  I shot one deer through the thin part of the scapula with no damage at all to the tip.  The head was still razor sharp afterwards.     The steel they use is excellent, knife grade quality.
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shawn Leonard:
I have killed over 45 deer with them and and always had great results. Great blood trails and no busted up heads. Shawn
Thats proof enough for me....
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©