3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anybody ever use this stuff?  (Read 328 times)

Offline Boomerang

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Anybody ever use this stuff?
« on: May 14, 2015, 12:23:00 PM »
Have any of you guys ever tried BiteBlocker insect repellent?  http://www.homs.com/biteblocker®.html
I ordered some so I guess see if it works.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anybody ever use this stuff?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 08:06:00 PM »
I have not used this product, but the ad you linked to indicates natural ingredients. I use a product called Natural Causes that uses cedar oil, citronella, and other natural ingredients. They are probably similar. If so, you will probably get good results. However, I do have to reapply more frequently than when using Deet, but at least the odor is not objectionable, nor does it chemically react with bow or gun finishes. Let us know how this product works for you.
Sam

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »
We do not use insect repellant out here much. When I go back east to hunt whitetails I will need something
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
I always put up with the bugs cause I figured insect repellent could get me winded.  Some of that stuff is pretty pungent.  You can make your own with essential oils and come up with a recipe that is more effective for your particular biters and not so harsh on the skin.  
As I understand it most bug repel products, especially with Deet, dont repel the bugs.  They cover the scent of lactic acid and co2 which mosquitoes are drawn to. As soon as you sweat you start secreting lactic acid so it can negate the effectiveness of those repellents.  Consuming garlic, alcohol and B vitamins repels mosquitoes because they don't like the smell in your blood.
Sounds like that Bite Blocker might be worth a shot if the bugs are bad in your area.

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 03:42:00 PM »
I rarely use insect repellent, since buying a Thermocell. I own several, and they work great.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©