3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: RMSGear Site Down for a bit (IT IS UP AND RUNNING NOW)  (Read 639 times)

Offline highPlains

• Trad Bowhunter
RMSGear Site Down for a bit (IT IS UP AND RUNNING NOW)
« on: May 15, 2015, 06:23:00 PM »
Just wanted to let you all know that RMSGear.com is going to be down for a little bit. Hopefully not long. We have a new website in the works that I think is going to provide a much nicer experience for our customers. For one, bows that have been sold will be immediately removed, and I can update the bow inventory with new bows much faster, as they come in. It will cut out a lot of the hassle that we dealt with before, and we can take care of all of our customers better.

I also hope to give our on-line shoppers a better representation of what we do in our retail store. We have so many cool knives, custom, production, and so many neat one-off items. And a heck of a lot more archery gear than we ever had on our website.

We also have boxes and boxes of used items, some at great prices, that I will be trying to get on-line. Our local guys probably don't even know about all the great used gear we have because we never had the space the showcase it.

If you are signed up for our Email newsletter you'll get notification when the site is up and running. Hopefully within a day. I'm not enough of a computer dork to know what to expect. Please excuse our bugs as we work out the new system.
>>---> TC
Rocky Mountain Specialt

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: RMSGear Site Down for a bit (IT IS UP AND RUNNING NOW)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »
Cool! Can't wait to check it out!

I've linked the used bow section a few times this month. Will the new site's url be the same for the separate pages?

Sorry, I don't know enough about computers to explain myself well or use the correct terminology.     :knothead:

Offline Jarrod Reno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
Awesome
Family man
Colorado & Montana

Offline bluemoonrising

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 07:52:00 PM »
Repeat after me--Cutthroat 250...

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
Awesome looking forward to it tommy!
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline highPlains

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 10:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by S2 Bowstrings:
Cool! Can't wait to check it out!

I've linked the used bow section a few times this month. Will the new site's url be the same for the separate pages?

Sorry, I don't know enough about computers to explain myself well or use the correct terminology.      :knothead:  
No the links are going to be completely different. But I will set it up so the old bow inventory link points to the new page. It's going to be a different bow shopping experience than we've had in the past. More, better pictures, and the ability to buy straight from the site. Also, bows that have been sold will be removed, which will save a lot of guys time in checking to see if something is in stock. If it's on-line, it's in stock.
>>---> TC
Rocky Mountain Specialt

Offline highPlains

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 10:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by bluemoonrising:
Repeat after me--Cutthroat 250...
I expect the prototype anytime!  ;)
>>---> TC
Rocky Mountain Specialt

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 01:12:00 AM »
Awesome!!! Thank you!!!

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 08:01:00 AM »
Good Tommy. Since my son moved to the western slope, I don't have to come down to the megamess any more, so I will look forward to your new site.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline tom cunningham

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 10:25:00 AM »
Thanks Tommy...and speedy recovery...Tom.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 12:58:00 PM »
My brother Alex lives about a 1/4 or a 1/2 mile from the new store and he visited and took pics of the store and a few bows for me and it looks like you guys have a great new setup!
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 06:20:00 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline meatCKR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 03:00:00 PM »
Hi Tom,

Do you know if the links to your fine tutorials will be coming back?  I am just about to start twisting my own Flemish twist bow strings and the tutorial you guys had for that was one of the best out there.  Be great if it came back.

Love the new site!  I will be ordering some of those Glue-on cutthroats for some new woodies I am putting together.  Thanks!

Steve
"Leave it as it is. You can not improve on it. The ages have been
at work on it, and man can only mar it."
- Theodore Roosevelt upon seeing the Grand Canyon.

Offline highPlains

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 07:28:00 PM »
I got the new site up and running.

Some of you will run into a problem if your computer still has the cookies from the old site. If you are typing rmsgear.com to your address bar and it is giving you an error message please click on this link    RMSGear.com .

There are a couple of bugs that we haven't worked out yet. When we transferred our products some of them ended up in the wrong category, and some of them ended up with the wrong description. But we're on it.

There are some positives and negatives about the new site. One great thing is that I can list all the "one-off" items that are in my retail store and they won't get sold twice and I will not have to manually take them down. That includes bows, but also hundreds of custom knives and used products that I get all the time. The Used Gear section doesn't have much right now, but it will be continually filled with great buys. I'm also excited to start adding all of the knives that we have. Tons of customs, and a lot of great deals. It will be a time consuming process but we've got two full time people dedicated to it.

One negative is that we don't have the customizable options that we did before on some of the items like strings and arrows. In our retail store we are constantly doing custom projects. It's hard to find a website to replicate that experience. If you do order a string or a set of arrows and you do not see the options that you want please use the comment box at checkout the let us know the details of your order.

We are starting to get a lot of First Lite gear in as well. I've never been a big believer in the "next big thing", but if you haven't hiked the mountains with a merino wool base layer I can confidently say that you will not be disappointed. We haven't got our full shipment, but I will be adding it to the site as we get it.

Steve, I haven't had a chance to get the tutorials back up, but I will. I won't have access to the computer with those files for a week or so.

Sorry for the long post. Please don't hesitate to holler at us if we can do anything for you!
>>---> TC
Rocky Mountain Specialt

Offline meatCKR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 10:08:00 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks Tom!  You guys are the best.  Gonna have to check out that First Lite gear as well.

Thanks!

Steve
"Leave it as it is. You can not improve on it. The ages have been
at work on it, and man can only mar it."
- Theodore Roosevelt upon seeing the Grand Canyon.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »
Looking Good!!!

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 07:04:00 PM »
Love the new format great design
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »
Your new website looks good, but I have a suggestion.  Your old website had the bows listed by draw weight.  If I was looking for 56@28, I could skim thru the heavier weights to what I wanted.  Now, it looks like 49@28 is next to 78@28 next to 57@26 next to...  I personally prefer the previous way of listing bows.  If I missed something and that feature is available, to quote Emily Latella (Gilda Radnor on early SNL), "Never mind!!"
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline highPlains

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »
Phil,

You weren't the only one so I added that feature back to the site. I appreciate the comments!
>>---> TC
Rocky Mountain Specialt

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »
I really like the website updates. Only a couple of small things it seems the tutorials and the links to the blog disappeared. Enjoyed reading both. Also for us lefties is there a way to group bow it is hard to tell by picture right now if a bow is lefty until you click on a link.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©