3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Is There Such A Thing As..."Too Much Stuff"?  (Read 544 times)

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Is There Such A Thing As..."Too Much Stuff"?
« on: October 08, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
Deer season in southern NY opens Saturday the 13th. Sooooo... I spent the better part of the week getting my "stuff" together and ready to load into my pickup Thursday after work. (Lucky me... No work on Friday)  

Lets see... My BW and my Griffin and a Bear Grizzly as a spare. Practice arrows, broadhead arrows, rain gear, leather boots, rubber boots, fleece camo, two new bow quivers... etc., etc. Get the point? Oh Yea! Gonna have a house full of JLMBH "Pink" guys. What an adventure this is gonna be!    :eek:  

The wife said I also need to bring some of "her stuff" up to the Catskills cause she can't fit it in her vehicle when I have my hunting gear along.    :rolleyes:    Can you believe it? I'm kinda glad I don't care much for tree stands and climbing sticks. Anyway......

Guess I just needed to rattle a bit. It's going to be hard for me to sleep this week. Can you understand or is it true that I have a screw loose? ...    :banghead:    ...

...mike ...    :p
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Is There Such A Thing As..."Too Much Stuff"?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
YESSSS!!!!!
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
Yes we can understand....and yes you have a screw loose!! Just kidding bud....it happens to me too..not so bad this year as I dont know if I will be out there opening day.
I know when I do get ready to get my stuff together...I need to get rid of a lot of it. I have three large totes of camo alone! Six bows with another out on loan...I have five stands out in the woods and two climbers. I also have a pop up blind set up in some thick cedars. I could go on and on...
Another thing...my wife calls this time of year "the widow season"....  :goldtooth:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »
I am surrounded by clutter and stuff. I have a definite paper management problem, and too many hobbies.

Every year I have been paring down what I take to camp. Camp should be simple, focused and spare. And comfortable. With a few books, enough propane, plenty of food, and enough tools to do the job. Plus backup tools. And lots of tarps and rope, and rubber tie-downs. Extra food in case I get snowed in again. Couple of sheepskins for inside the sleeping bags. Spare boots and extra liners. Fletching supplies. Targets. Swim fins...

Uh-oh.
Killdeer  :eek:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Kevin L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
Way I look at it, if'n I didn't need more stuff, they'd quit makin' more stuff. That said, I can fill up a Dodge Quadcab to go guiding for a week, but for my own hunting, it's a bow, some arrows, and a small daypack with the essentials. I'm only 200-800yds from the house, so I can go back if I need more "stuff"   ;)  

Killy~ swim fins??? you are hard-core   :thumbsup:
Appalachian LB 66"57@26
Appalachian LB 68" 60@28
Appalachian Flatbow 64" 56@28
Appalachian Archery RC 58"62@28
Bighorn LB 68" 57@28
HH Wesley LB 66" 53@27
HH Cheetah LB 66" 52@26
Saxon American RC 58" 60@28

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 07:18:00 PM »
When I had a campsite it seemed to be a simple matter of bringing what was needed. Then we put a camping trailer on the property and the STUFF started to grow. Now we have a beautiful log home with alot more room for STUFF.

Guess I would hate to leave something in the city that I might need for hunting. Soooooo... I end up taking everything I own for a ride upstate. The spare tire syndrome.... maybe. More like show and tell from my grade school days.

It's All Such Fun Anyway!    :archer:

... mike ...

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »
If you didn't use it, it was too much stuff!
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »
Mike your normal. It's the rest of the world that's messed up. Redundancy thats what get you through. Good luck with the opener. Hope to see some pix. Go team pink!!!!!

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
I hunt 1/2 hr from home and I too have lots of sruff and I think as a wise Man told me if you think about somthing twice you need it and I think you can never have too much stuff Mabe you need a Bigger Truck or trailer but you can never have too much stuff good luck on your hunt and make sure you bring enough stuff  :thumbsup:
Gord

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
Mike, your not alone! I have way too much gear and keep adding. I love to get ready for the season it's all part of the whole experience. Hey mike does your wife get mad because the pink hat has to ride up front   :bigsmyl:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
If it cools down a bit this weekend think I'll wear the "Got to eat for free at the diner in Selkirk JLMBH Pink Hat."

... mike ...

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
Ya know...in the Army they taught me it is better to have and not need than to need and not have....
Heck of a trip to Selkirk for a free meal..lol.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
NO NO NO NO NO NO

But there is a song  :saywhat:  

Sides thats why ya drive a truck  :D  

Brent

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »
Mikey...I'm bringing the Hat, scarf for good luck along with my "stuff".
Mikuta Longbow and Groves Spitfire, 1 dz arrows, 3 judos, backquiver and if it rains, the Cat 3.5.

You and I have a lot of stillhunting and sneaking around to do if its wet and damp. I'm sure Scott and Bamboo will join in also. This has the making of a few good drives midday and hopefully that problem Black bear shows up.

The last "stuff" I'm bringing is the JV KO Bear lure...I'll put it under Woodies bed, after all, he's gonna be shooting 3D targets anyway!!.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »
Everything I have for hunting fits into one big rubbermaid container as far as clothes and my gear. Now treestands would be a big issue as I have 56 stand sites and at least 35 actual stands plus a LW climber!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tdog:
Mike your normal. It's the rest of the world that's messed up. Redundancy thats what get you through. Good luck with the opener. Hope to see some pix. Go team pink!!!!!
I'm not sure who is right or wrong about too much or too little or whatever, but I know one thing...the first/second line above is frightening   :scared:

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »
Uhhhhhhhh, yeah!!!!!!!!    :eek:    :eek:    :eek:  LOL
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 10:42:00 PM »
No matter what or how much I bring to camp 2.5hr drive about 1/2 way, there is always at least one other thing I wish I brought.

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »
The more stuff you have, the more time you will spend taking care of your stuff.

Applies to houses, camping, hunting, etc.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline jbb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »
If we are talking about my kids, then yes.  Most definitely you can have too much stuff.  I throw away McDonald's happy meal toys on sight.  Now if we are talking about me, then no, I need lots of stuff.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©