3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dura flite 8's for 60# recurve? And carbon recommendations?  (Read 588 times)

Offline Dakotaf34

• Trad Bowhunter
Need a little advice please.

I shoot a 60# @28" Toelke Curlew. I draw to 29.5" so maybe 64# or so at my draw.  I have 12 duraflite 8's.  Plenty old but look brand new. They're cut to 30.5" from insert to valley of nock. Having a hard time finding spine info online. Will these work for my bow? And if so, any recommendations on point weight?

This is my first 60#+ bow. Any advice on carbon arrow setup would be appreciated. I prefer to shoot full length arrows so I can cut off an inch or 2 if I bust a nock and still have a useable arrow. I'm mostly self taught so if it makes a big difference and I need to cut an inch or so past my draw I'm not opposed to it. Would like to be in the 10-12 grain per pound range of finished arrow weight. I hunt anything I can. I'm in Louisiana so mostly white tail, hogs, and small game. Also 3d shoot and like to use the same arrows for that.

Well.... That's all the info I can think of. If anything else is needed, just ask. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Dakota

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dura flite 8's for 60# recurve? And carbon recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 11:50:00 PM »
I found a spine chart for Dura Micro Flight. According to it you need a least a no. 10 shaft. As for carbon you might go 75-95 with what you want as a setup.

Offline Dakotaf34

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dura flite 8's for 60# recurve? And carbon recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 12:50:00 AM »
I don't have anything stiffer than 5575's so it looks like it's time for new arrows. Thanks Gunner!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©