3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: fletch /feather color  (Read 4302 times)

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: fletch /feather color
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »
This is what Trueflight calls chartreuse.  I think the actual feather may be slightly lighter than this picture shows.  This is my choice for visibility.

Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline PBNJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »
After seeing a good handful of those chartreuse or flo/green feathers I think I'll be going back to all three feathers Chartreuse in a shield cut with a matching cap color or white. Flecther those are a simple classy arrow! Thanks for sharing everyone.

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2015, 03:21:00 PM »
I'm an all orange or yellow guy.  Yellow and yellow barred looks sharp.  Although my hunting arrows are all orange currently.

-Jeremy   :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »
I had a wonderful weekend stumpshooting, and I can say that orange makes an arrow easy to find!

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline PBNJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »
F-Manny, how were the orange arrows to see during flight? What type of feather cut were you using?

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2015, 02:20:00 PM »
White, or Yellow or red
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »
Interesting how cameras / computers influence how colors appear.  One of my favorite combos is purple / chartreuse.  These are more lavender / chartreuse and the cresting starts at my brace height.
homebru

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2015, 05:09:00 PM »
I went with chartreuse 4-fletch (5" long shield) on white wraps last Fall hunting and found that they blended too much with the aspen leaves in Colorado. This year I'll go with white 4-fletch on fluorescent pink wraps.

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2015, 08:01:00 PM »
Orange and yellow disappear around here once the leaves change and start falling.  I was out looking at my usual pink and white fletching today with the camera on my phone turned to black and white.  I was a little surprised how bright would look to a deer.  The pink turned a nice light gray and all but disappeared.  My hunting arrows will be pink now!

Offline huronhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »
All Orange on my arrows .
Yes you can see them in flight and they have good contrast on deer and bears . I rarely loose them when I miiiiss!

Offline bowhuntingrn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »
Had Gary at D & M Custom Arrows put these together this past year...figure they ought to show up under most conditions.

"The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest"

Offline pinky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2015, 11:48:00 AM »
I have shot some combination Hot Pink in the past for visibility but have started shooting Chartreuse colors more recently. I am happy with Chartreuse too for the visibility. Last seasons hunting shafts.

Hmm! the fletches look more yellow in the picture. I really like these Super nocks too.
Martin Hatfeild TD (bearings)RC
Trails End     (Good Medicine) RC
Selway (Lil Shooter) LB
Aspen (Elite) LB

Public Land Hunter

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »
Here's a photo comparison of my old chartreuse fletching on fluorescent yellow wraps compared to my new white fletching on fluorescent pink wraps. The white fletching show up best in flight and the fluorescent pink wraps show up best in an animal or after a pass-thru. The chartreuse fletching look great but blend in too much with the foliage. [/url] [/IMG]

Offline Mark R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2015, 11:13:00 AM »
I use different colors as the seasons change. Orange or Red in spring and summer and White or a combo with white,try finding red, orange, green, or yellow in the fall in the Midwest,deep into winter anything but White.

Offline PBNJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2015, 11:34:00 AM »
I love this thread! So many different opinions but it does seem like Chartreuse is very popular. Pinky those fletches in your picture look yellow but I think it's an illusion due to the bright yellow cap.I like the bright flo-green nocks too! LongbowArcitect I like both sets of fletches you have in the quiver.They do blend in so well with the background foliage but I bet they look great in flight or against the dark hair of an anmial. Like a tracer! I'm starting to think pink but goodness it just seems a bit out of in the woods.Thanks for all the input.

Online J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2015, 10:29:00 AM »
I like all yellow, all chartreuse, or all white for visibility.  Having said that - I'm a fletching addict so my arrows tend to look different every season.

Another one that I can see very well in flight is the "lime" color from AMG Feathers. At low light conditions, that color literally glows.
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Offline newhouse114

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2015, 11:03:00 AM »
Believe it or not, white is the easiest color for a deer to pick up. I avoid white while hunting. I use a 4 fletch, 4.5 inch parabolic, hot pink on uncrested doug fir shafts.

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »
I use a camo fletching cover over my white fletching just in case Newhouse is correct.

Offline Mark R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »
I must say when hunting I'm an all red guy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©