3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Over 20 Years of Bowhunting and I've Never Tried One! Video pg. 3 Update pg. 4  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thank you for all the additional kind words! I'll be sure to keep the Gang posted!!!

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Trust me Ryan there built like a tank and shoot like one too I killed a jake turkey here 1st day of season and arrow went through the bird and skipped up the field 30 yds I actually thought I missed!! I was quite impressed cause these Turks are tough and have lots  of bones ....
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline oldgoat

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Like my cut throats have not got any kills yet but gr
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline oldgoat

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well I don't know what went wrong, Ryan get you a little Armorall and coat your broadheds and shaft also let it dry then wipe off excess, also I carry lip blam and just apply a small amount on the broadhead. This might help your routing problem..
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jt85

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the pics of the bow Ryan. I bet those goats are good eating.
Black Widow PCH 58" 48#@28"
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 49@28
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 52#@28
Wengerd Ibex 58" 50#@28

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by oldgoat:
Well I don't know what went wrong, Ryan get you a little Armorall and coat your broadheds and shaft also let it dry then wipe off excess, also I carry lip blam and just apply a small amount on the broadhead. This might help your routing problem..
I just coat them with Vaseline but I ain't in the salt air anymore! Like the lip balm idea too!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline oldgoat

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
Best luck I've had keeping rust at bay is using R.I.G. - Rust inhibiting grease.  Developed originally for protecting gun finishes.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
Ryan: Check out the review I did on Cutthroat broadheads on 2/26/15 (Cutthroat Broadheads- First Look).

The new prototype Cutthroat 190gr glue-on and 250gr screw-ins are currently in the mail to RMSGear. They will be tested thoroughly and modified if required before they will be available for sale. If no modifications are necessary then they will be available in about 4 weeks.

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
Oops- I meant March 25 as the date of my review of Cutthroats.

Offline DarkTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by LongbowArchitect:
Ryan: Check out the review I did on Cutthroat broadheads on 2/26/15 (Cutthroat Broadheads- First Look).

The new prototype Cutthroat 190gr glue-on and 250gr screw-ins are currently in the mail to RMSGear. They will be tested thoroughly and modified if required before they will be available for sale. If no modifications are necessary then they will be available in about 4 weeks.
That's great news.  I've been hoping for a 250gr screw in!

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nothing went wrong, I'm just concerned with rust in general due to the high humidity and salt air. Exposed steel generally rusts fairly easy in the islands.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thank you for all the tips on keeping the rust at bay.

Aloha,
Ryan

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by LongbowArchitect:

Awesome! Thank you!

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by jt85:
Thanks for the pics of the bow Ryan. I bet those goats are good eating.
You're welcome and yes they're yummy!!!

Smoked goat with onions.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ryan Congrats on your Goats, That dish sure does look yummy.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline jkm97

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice job Ryan!

Offline oldgoat

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Not you Ryan, I just posted before I got through writing . I think that Abowyer makes a SS head in single bevel. The ArmorAll coating is an old Wensel Bro trick for penetration . Bob
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Not you Ryan, I just posted before I got through writing . I think that Abowyer makes a SS head in single bevel. The ArmorAll coating is an old Wensel Bro trick for penetration . Bob
Thank you! I appreciate the insight!

Have a great weekend!

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I was fortunate and had another harvest with the Cutthroats. Still not enough hunts to formulate an opinion, but I am impressed with the results so far. This nanny only made it 30 yards. Time to resharpen and reuse.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©