3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: adjusting nock point on browning nomad stalker 1  (Read 274 times)

Offline icentropy

• Trad Bowhunter
adjusting nock point on browning nomad stalker 1
« on: May 21, 2015, 12:54:00 AM »
Hi all. I got a Browning Nomad Stalker 1 in 70# that i'm trying to tune to work with some new GoldTip Traditional .300 spine arrows with 300gr tips. I started out bare shaft tuning with nocks up and left indicating weak spine and high nock. I decided to work on the arrow spine first. And ended up cutting them down to 30.5" when they straightened out. Still nock high.

The nock was currently set at 1/2" high so i started dropping it down 1/8" at a time. The bare shafts were always nock high. Finally got down to around 1/4" above level and they got worse (still nock high) so I figured I started off too low and raised it all the way to 5/8" above level and still nock high! I've shot them at 15, 20 and 25 yards and the bare shafts are impacting the same or perhaps a little worse at distance.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. It seems no matter where I put the nock, the bare shafts are always impacting the target with the nocks high. Any ideas?

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: adjusting nock point on browning nomad stalker 1
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 07:59:00 AM »
Try rasing the nock point. You are probably geting nock high do to the arrow bouncing off the shelf. Also if you shoot 3 under start out at 5/8.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline icentropy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: adjusting nock point on browning nomad stalker 1
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
I shoot split finger but I'll start off at 5/8" today and go up to see if it gets better. Seemed that 3/8" or so flew better than 5/8" but i'm willing to try anything.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©