3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Slightly weak or slightly stiff better?  (Read 504 times)

Offline gonefishing600

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Slightly weak or slightly stiff better?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »
I'm with Kirk, on this one. When I get a new bow, I'm bare shafting and adjusting the brace hieght all at the same time listening for that sweet spot. Once I find it, that's where she stays. Then i start tuning the arrow to the bow.
JD Berry Argos 64" 48#&28"
Toelke Classic Whip 64" 46#@28"
Acs one piece 64" 46#@28"
BlackWidow PLX 66" 46#@28"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Slightly weak or slightly stiff better?
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 09:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by gonefishing600:
I'm with Kirk, on this one. When I get a new bow, I'm bare shafting and adjusting the brace hieght all at the same time listening for that sweet spot. Once I find it, that's where she stays. Then i start tuning the arrow to the bow.
That is the way it should be done. Tune your bow while bare shafting is excellent. Also... If you do this with a bare string it helps you get the slight buzz out of it once she starts getting close too....

I think if more guys paid attention to tuning the bows brace height correctly they wouldn't need half the string silencers that are typically used to quiet down their bows......

When I mentioned adjustment of brace, I was just referring to the calculator on the 3rivers website. It has been discussed before... Just saying.
"Fine tuning can then be done by adjusting the bow's brace height.
If the arrow is slightly weak (lower dynamic spine) for what the bow needs, then lower the brace height.
If the arrow is slightly stiff (higher dynamic spine) for what the bow needs, then raise the brace height."

Yup..... This can definitely work brutha... But at what cost?..... It's much better getting your bow tuned just right and adjust your strike plate or fine tune the arrows closer..... You'll end up with an all around sweeter shooting rig if you do.... Just saying...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©