3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: carbon arrows?  (Read 656 times)

Offline j yenney

• Trad Bowhunter
carbon arrows?
« on: January 24, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
just ordered a half dozen of carbon heritage 250. They seem to be good arrows, anybody have any in use.
j yenney

Offline Wallcrawler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: carbon arrows?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 12:16:00 AM »
I have most of my first dozen still in use, I tried these first in the carbon world and am sticking with them.  I guess you could say that I am happy with them.  I did shatter one making a rock impact at 25 yards, but I hate to admit to how many I put through my cedar fence with nary a scratch to the shaft.  Durable and straight shooting.

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: carbon arrows?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 08:13:00 AM »
I haven't gotten around to ordering any of the Heritage shafts yets, but I shoot Carbon Express 4560 Terminator Hunters.  Essentially the same shaft as the Heritage 250.  1.5 GPI lighter, camo Buff Tuff finish rather than wood grain.  

I've only broken two so far, one I slammed into a rock at 15 yards, the other pulling it from a 4" fencepost (note the impact did not damage it, I did horsing it out).

Had a third snapped off by the first jump of a doe as it passed through her heart and exited.  If she was a fraction of a second slower, that arrow would be back in my quiver.

I have no idea how many I've shot into fenceposts, frozen ground, trees, and frozen dirt clods with no damage to the arrow.

CX makes one tough arrow!
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©