3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St Jude bidding !!!  (Read 435 times)

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: St Jude bidding !!!
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »
The more people that get envolved, the better it is all the way around. Events like this often spark the gift of giving in other aspects of life that we may never know. So have fun with it, and take pride in anyway you can help. Mike

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 07:22:00 PM »
Lots of folks give via other methods as well.

I remember just bidding on an item to get something started last year. I had no interest in another one of the devices.

Then I got sort of a nasty note from the one who put it up for sale. He thought I was trying to get his item too cheap. Sheesh, maybe we should start with the high bid and work back?

This year I'm not bidding on anything that I don't want.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 07:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by Herdbull:
The more people that get envolved, the better it is all the way around. Events like this often spark the gift of giving in other aspects of life that we may never know. So have fun with it, and take pride in anyway you can help. Mike
X2.  Very well said!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 08:28:00 PM »
Don't be so hard on Graps, he's just trying to get folks to understand this is a time to help the kids and not a time to bargain shop.

I've been here since the first year of the auction, hell, since the beginning of TradGang, and I have donated some items and bid on a bunch every year.

There used to be a ton of quality hunts in the auction every year but I noticed the last few years guys have quit offering them. The hunt on my Ohio farm is one of only a handful still being offered. I think that is part of what Graps is trying to get everyone to understand.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 08:52:00 PM »
I understand where you are coming from Graps.

I used to get bent out of shape when some of my items went for below what I anticipated but then I realized, Its an item I could afford to donate and any money raised is a bonus.

If I had an item I felt would get a better price on the classifieds, maybe I would consider selling it in the "off season" and just making a monetary donation to St Jude.

In the end,its for the kids and anything we can raise is better than thinking about what we could have raised. Its spilled milk at that point.

I like Izzy's idea and one year I bought an item back. It would have cost me more to ship it than to double the top bid so thats what I did.

:campfire:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »
It is hard not to be connected to a donation because you want it to reap as much as possible for the charity, but it doesn't pay to be emotionally attached to an auction outcome.  Just give what you can and expect that others will do the same.  Most people do the best that they can.  Don't drive yourself crazy worrying about those that don't.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©