3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Possible move to NC  (Read 639 times)

Offline blackpenny

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Possible move to NC
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 10:39:00 PM »
We rented a home in Clemmons as my wife accepted the new position. I'm looking forward to moving to the area Ina few weeks. If we like it, we plan on buying before our lease is up.
Leon Stewart lil slammer 56" 45@28
Martin Howatt Hunter 64" 50@28

Offline 2wfstlhunting

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »
I find this particularly interesting. I was in western NC in April, and it was my first time in the state.  Coming from western NJ/eastern PA where you have to dodge the deer and the turkeys are there but a special sight when you see them, I was anxious to see what was going on down there.  We drove 4 hours across the state and back from Charlotte to nearly Tenn, and spent a week walking in the woods and parks.  I saw turkeys every day.  I saw exactly ONE deer which was a road kill next to the major highway.  I remain perplexed and am reading this with interest
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex Mahogany and bamboo 62" 53#@27.5"
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex curly maple, birdseye maple and Osage riser 53#@ 28"
Blacktail 62" longbow takedown 53#/57# B & W ebony
Harvey Crowned Eagle longbow  62"  49#

Offline adkarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 09:23:00 PM »
Blackpenny - shoot me a pm if I can help in any way, I work in W-S and live in Lewisville.  I moved down in 2012.  Coming from way upstate NY, hunting around here has been a shocker with limited land available and many restrictions on the game lands that were different than NY where there really weren't any. Can't comment on the lease prices as I never had to pay to hunt before and literally had thousand of acres with 30 minutes or less of my house.  And much of the deer season is very warm...

Adkarcher.
New York Bowhunters - Life Member
Carolina Traditional Archers
North Carolina Bowhunters Assoc.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »
If you guys want to scout Uwharrie, about 45 minutes from Hanes Mall, shoot me a PM.

Do a search for Birkhead Wilderness.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline adkarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 06:57:00 AM »
Blackpenny - Clemmons is right next door to me from Lewisville, in fact 2 of my neighbors are in Clemmons and that is where my boys play  baseball.  So, I spend a lot of time there.  Look up Carolina Traditional Archers for monthly shoots as well.
New York Bowhunters - Life Member
Carolina Traditional Archers
North Carolina Bowhunters Assoc.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline blackpenny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2015, 04:53:00 PM »
I just returned from picking up my keys and interviewing with some plumbing companies. Very nice and friendly people everywhere I went. Not the best drivers in the world though!
Leon Stewart lil slammer 56" 45@28
Martin Howatt Hunter 64" 50@28

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 01:10:00 PM »
2wfstlhunting, you make an excellent point about how few deer one sees while driving around NC.  There are exceptions, but generally you do not see many deer when you drive around the state, especially compared to states like WVA or PA.  When we drive through those states, and all midwestern states, we count deer by the dozens!  Same with the roadkill observation - the carnage on the roads in those states is incredible, especially during the rut; dodging deer (dead and alive) is a routine part of driving there.  Not a problem in NC for the most part!  I've never heard of anybody moving here for better hunting; it's always some other reason.
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Online Phillip Fields

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 10:33:00 PM »
My family farm is in Randolph County, about 45 miles from Winston Salem. I live in Virginia but still do most of my hunting on the family farm. I only took 2 deer last year, but my brother took 12. My other brother, who farms the family land, constantly complains about the amount of damage the deer do to his crops. These days we mostly hunt family and friends land, but in the past we have killed a ton of deer on Caswell Game lands.
Keep em Sharp!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©