3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Steger Mukluks  (Read 273 times)

Offline IndaTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
Steger Mukluks
« on: June 05, 2015, 12:08:00 PM »
I've searched and read a few threads about the Mukluks and understand the downside of the regular mukluks is their performance in wet conditions.  I was wondering if anyone ever tried them with a waterproof type sock, over or under a wool sock.

I want a pair, and not for the look, but I need something light and warm for my late season hunts, and the price of the traditional and artict is comparable to other boots I've searched.  I don't hunt in what I would consider wet areas but the snow can be damp at times and I may cross a very shallow creek from time to time but never need to wade down the creek.

Just wondering what those that own them think.  I've also looked at arrow mocs but the steger trads and artics are about $100 less, the quetico are comparable in price, and I'm not sure they would be any more water resistant.

Thanks,
Chance

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Steger Mukluks
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
I have had a pair of Steigers for about 10 or 12 years now. When my soles started to leak I bought a larger size of farmer type black rubbers to put over them.

They are great boots.  I normally don't hunt in them though because I live in a very hilly and steep area and there is not enough ankle support in them .
Make a life, not a living

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 07:03:00 PM »
Here's a link. The Extreme is rubber bottom and sold as Ice fishing/hunting moc.

http://www.mukluks.com/?gclid=CJWWqaOW_MUCFdWPHwod-i4AyA
The best things in life....aren't things!

Online fishone

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »
They are nice and light for long walks to the stand. They are pretty warm. I don't like them in hilly areas as they have very little traction. They are not very water proof.

Offline IndaTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 05:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the info. i think I'll buy a pair and give them a test run.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©