3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: World Record  (Read 983 times)

Offline GR

• Trad Bowhunter
World Record
« on: October 09, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
Not to long ago there was an article in one of the hunting magazines, the author had ask the question of a group of hunters ( something to the effect ) “If you could kill a world record buck but it would cost you a year of your life would you? “

Offline bgram

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: World Record
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »
Give up a year for a world record deer, or a year with my kids....ummm, no way.  Can't eat horns, and I don't like my picture taken anyway.  Family is more important for me.  Some may spend there life chasing after one, I just ain't made like that.  Not taking away from anyone who'd want to though, maybe to them that is like family.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »
This reminds me of the jokes about finding a jenie in a bottle, getting any wish, and then ending up getting scr@wed some way.  :smileystooges:  

I believe we would all love to ethically and  legitimately get a world's record where we could grab the fame and fortune.   :cool:  

But hey, I'm almost over the hill and cannot afford a day, much less a year.    :eek:
Lon Scott

Offline GR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
If I remember correctly, most willing to give up a year were the younger.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
LOTS of "No Ways"  on there! This Is Good, but it all depends on Ones Priorities as well.    :thumbsup:  
    Had this Question been asked when I was  20  and "Didnt-Have-A-Care-In-The-World" I just Might have Answered Differently!!   :archer:
Yeah, What GR Said!  :biglaugh:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
Do I get to pick the year?      :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:  

I voted "no".   I'd rather sit in the woods a year and see nothing then to trade it for any trophy rack.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline five-oh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »
No way for me, I wouldn't give up a year with my family, and like Mike said, I'd rather sit in the woods a year and see nothing, that to trade that yar for the trophy.
"Sic Vis Pacem Parabelium"
(If you want peace, prepare for war)

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
My immediate response is, of course, no way. But I guess if I knew for certain that I was going to live until I was 110 I might be willing to spare a year or two for a couple of record mulies. Then again, depending on my health I might have some serious second thoughts about the deal around the time I turned 108.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »
Heck No. I killed a Boone & Crockett one year and it was a PIA. Can't imagine what a hassle a world record would be.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
heck I don't even buy green banana's

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
ROTFL now that's funny if you think about it.   :clapper:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »
I have eleven reasons to say "No Way!!".  They are my wife, my two children and eight grandchildren.  The children have grown up fast and the grandchildren seem to be growing up even faster!

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »
Well, this makes one think just a bit....
but- seeings how I'm 38, had a viral infection in the heart causing a minor heart attack 4 years ago, lost my dad when he was 56, (Heart), his dad was 60 (heart) and his brother (my uncle)
had a heart attack and survived.... plus I've got 3 kids to raise, my future is very uncertain so I'm taking the extra year and no fortune or fame.  Who do I contact about the voucher for the extra year???  :pray:
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline master4846

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »
As excited as I get when I see any buck up close, I couldn't imagine seeing a record buck with in 10 yards. I'd probably lose more than one year from the racing heart any way, so i say yes.. I will trade a year.
"You can all go to Hell, I'm goin' to Texas." Davy Crockett.

Offline Quill Flinger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »
I love bowhunting, more than I do the results of my efforts. But I'd give up a couple of work days for a crack at one!...LOL
<~ TGMM Family of the Bow ~<<<

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
First we must assume by giving up one year of ones life, it has nothing to do with being in the BIG HOUSE by illegal activities to harvest such an animal.   :D
Though I would not because nothing comes close to being with my family, and to loose a full year would be out of the question, I can see the point of those who would.
I guess it comes down to dollars and cents.
What does the average Joe, better yet the upper 80% on Tradgang make a year and what would they  make the year and many more to come after killing the world record.
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 04:15:00 PM »
During my second marriage sure....but not this time around...
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
Lifes to short to give any of it Up.... Hell ever deer I have taken is My World Record...

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
As pointed out by others we don't know how many of those years we have.  If I was guaranteed 90 years I may consider it but I may hate myself at 89.  The upside is that with the $Million$ dollar buck you could possibly afford to stay home with family and spend more time with them than I do now.  When you think of it you're sacrificing 250 days a year (or more) for a whole lot less, so in 20 years you've lost 4.56 years of your life working for someone else....hmmmm.

Offline kojac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »
heck ya!! and I buy Howlers green banana's too by the way..

Montana has to many other critters to hunt besides I tend to spend all my time hunt w-tail and not near enough time hunting elk.
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and  the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©