3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: World Record  (Read 982 times)

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: World Record
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
Does it have to be a "deer" or can it be something even cooler like a Mtn Goat or one of the four rams?

He!!, you put your life on the line every time you go into goat country much the less just a lousy year!

Offline stuckum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
YOU can't eat horns!! Aint no way in h@!! I would give up a year!!

Offline stuckum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by mysticguido:
Lifes to short to give any of it Up.... Hell ever deer I have taken is My World Record...
That almost brings a teer to my eye. You said it all right there..

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
If the year was at the end of my time, than yes. I live life to the fullest and live it day by day. I may get hit by a bus tomorrow. I have enjoyed my time here so far and I think it would be a kick to kill a world record, funny thing is I doubt I would enter it. I would just be happy to have killed such a great animal. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
If you've ever seen any Roger Raglin videos, you know he would.  Roger acts like every deer he kills is a world record.   :biglaugh:   Sometimes Roger is OK.
Lon Scott

Offline rxhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »
NO---I cant eat the antlers.

Offline jdupre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
I wouldn't trade a year, but it reminds me of a comedian's comment. " Yeah, I smoke and I love it! They say it takes 5 years off of your life, but that's off the END of your life, and those are some pretty crappy years anyway."

Offline KILLER B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
I would do it for sure just due to finacial gain possible from Harvesting such a magnificent animal with a bow I made from a stick.  I would be able to provide for my family much better.  Being able to not worry about the cost of college or anything realy.  And who knows like shawn said you never know when your time is up. Heck I may not even make it home from work tonight. Kinda ruff to think about but it's life and death.  Death is like paying taxes you gotta do it sometime. Thats my 2 cents take it or leave it.
Sticks and stones break deer bones.
One final word -Ramalamashamjam-

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
heck i'm trying to figure out how to gain and extra few years not give them away.  my family means a lot more to me than any whitetail deer regardless of his size.
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
The result are very much what I would expect here...I wonder what they would look like on the Bowsite?

I'd like to shoot #2 and get a bonus year   :saywhat:

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
In MY book, I already have a number of World Records and I didn't give up anything but sweat and accelerated heartbeats for them!  In fact, just about everything I shoot is a world record for me...or I wouldn't shoot it!

Too Short
Too Short  or Too F. Short

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
With my luck they'd take the year off and I'd end up dieing the day before I actually killed and throw the universe into a paradox and bring on the Apocalypse. So I'll have to think about it for a second. NOT I have a 4 year old that I want as many years with as possible and heck my wife ain't that bad a gal either.    :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »
Ummmmm let me think about it for a second.......
NOPE!
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 12:05:00 AM »
I look at the picture above of the 8th dwarf; and if I saw that elk while hunting I would think it was a world record.
 I have seen whitetails that I thought were world records; and bears; and muledeer.
 If I KNEW I was making a deal to get a world record; what fun would the hunt be?
 If I shot a world record; I probably wouldn't know it until it was taped; retaped; taped again; and by then I would be thinking about next year anyway.
 I tell you what I DID do; I DID catch the first record book fish of the millenium. I did.
 I looked up all the native fishes; found one with no record; waited until the correct date; and then went and caught a 6 3/8 inch 1.7 oz chiselmouth. The average size of these fish is 10 to 12 inches. I was the first to apply for a record status on it.
  So- I caught the first record book fish of the millenium.
  I also opened the door for a 12 year old to catch a bigger one; and get HIS name in the record book; and in the newspapers; and it was JUST the way I planned it.
  Didn't cost me a day off my life either.. cough.. cough... hack... aggggggggh (falls over dead).  :)
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 12:25:00 AM »
no way, I love life too much, who would want to give up a year of hunting and shooting?
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 06:17:00 AM »
I'm one of the 16 year giver uppers...I'm going to live to like 120 anyway....so I think 119 years of hunting should do me just fine...
Someone told me you can hunt in heaven too and the season never ends   :pray:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007, 06:25:00 AM »
It has benn proven that over 70% of our population has a rough time in later years and if it is at the end, than why not. My family means a lot to me too, but I mean a lot to them and they would agree with me, as long as it made me happy! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »
I'd trade 1990 for just about ANYTHING else!
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Online Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »
Like some one said earlier"if I could pick the year". The year my first wife ran off with someone else and took my 9 year old son across the country with her comes to mind. Any other time, Nope!

First of all, being a celebrity looks like a disgusting way to live. Next, everyone is going to knock themselves out trying to prove you cheated, baited, shot at night etc. And third, I am comfortably retired, hunt all I want to and treasure every second I have away from my former shift work existence in a power plant.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »
That's a big NO SIR!! I've yet to take an animal. I don't want my first one to be a world record. Besides, I've served in 3 campaigns in my military career and there is only so much time I am willing to give now! My last one cost me a year and a half from my family. Again, NO SIRREE!
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©