3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How long does it take for an AC joint to heal?  (Read 257 times)

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
How long does it take for an AC joint to heal?
« on: June 05, 2015, 09:53:00 PM »
I have been fighting an AC joint injury for about six months. I'm not really able to shoot my bow. Has anyone else injured there AC joint in their shoulder? And how long before you were able to shoot again?

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How long does it take for an AC joint to heal?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
I had to have an AC joint resection. I was side lined a few months. Now I also had a rotater cuff repair, so that prob added to the time it took to heal up. I prob have to have my other one done soon.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 10:34:00 PM »
A long time if you don't stop shooting.  I injured mine pulling a saddle off of a bucking horse, and it did nothing but get worse, even just shooting my lightweight bows. This went on for 6 or 7 months, and since I was having surgery on my knee, I decided to have the surgery on my shoulder at the same time.  Doc said mine was about as bad as you see, with around 3/4 inch of dead bone, and the stuff under it really inflamed.  He basically cut the bad stuff off and left the ligaments intact.  Was able to shoot my lightweight bowfishing rig in around a week, and quickly got back up to my normal weights.  I think everyone is a little different.  Who knows?  A steroid shot might make a world of difference.  Have you talked to an orthopedist or physical therapist about it at all?

Offline Turkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 11:28:00 PM »
I have wore out both my ac joints and had my right one operated on. I was shooting again in about a month but just a few shots at a time with my 52lb bow. I had to have the bones cut back because the cartilage was gone and it was bone on bone. If its just inflamed and you arent doing something repetitive to irritate it such as weight lifting or in my case using a file all day every day, then a steriod shot and a little rest will work wonders.
J.K. Traditions Kanati 56" 52#@27"

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 11:00:00 AM »
I had 2 cortisone shots in it already. The pain went away and I thought I was good to go. I started shooting after about 2 months and everything felt fine. Now it started hurting again and is at a point here I cant shoot at all.......

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©