3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My first 3D shoot in many many years.  (Read 311 times)

Offline Goose smasher

• Trad Bowhunter
My first 3D shoot in many many years.
« on: June 14, 2015, 05:02:00 PM »
Yesterday I attended my first 3D shoot in many years. I forgot how much fun they were! I went to the shoot at the Forest city archers club and it was an all traditional shoot. I met some great guys and even got a few tips on how to improve my shooting. And even managed to hit a few targets along the way. I shot my longbow and wooden arrows. Now I'm looking forward to the next one!

Goose smasher
Little Crow Merlin 60" 52# @ 28"
Bear Super Kodiak 60" 55# @ 28"

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My first 3D shoot in many many years.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »
:thumbsup:

I go to have fun. Great place to shoot arrows, the breeze, and other things, too.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »
I love 3D shoots. I get a kick out of the wheel bow guys - they come up to a target and stand there ranging and looking at it through their binoculars - and they're usually so serious! You would think they were shooting for a million dollars a bullseye. They look at my bamboo longbow like it would be better used as a walking stick, until I drive an arrow so deep into the foam I can hardly pull it out. My friends and I shoot for fun and we spend the day joking around and making fun of one another. And we still rack up a decent score, as if it mattered.    :)  
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »
I love shooting 3D. It is a lot of fun and always with great folks!

Bisch

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 10:03:00 PM »
I work a four on/four off schedule.  It just so happens that this year I work on almost every weekend there is a local shoot.  Not many off season activities compare to a 3D shoot with a group of good people.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©