3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Aluminum screw in broad head adapters  (Read 353 times)

Online Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Aluminum screw in broad head adapters
« on: June 14, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
Looking for feedback and suggestions from anyone who has used aluminum screw in broad head adapters for glue on broadheads. What are the pro and cons? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Offline yeager

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Aluminum screw in broad head adapters
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 10:09:00 PM »
I use the short version with my Old Bear broadheads so I can use the bleeder blades. Have never had a problem with them. I roughen the inside of the ferrule with a bore brush and thoroughly clean the inside and adapter with acetone before using Ferr-l-tite hot melt adhesive to attach each other together. The steel adapters are heavier if you want additional weight and some say they are more sturdy, but I have never had a problem with the aluminum ones.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Wisconsin Bowhunter Assoc lifetime member
P&Y Club, Official Measurer

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 10:20:00 PM »
We use the long screw in and long glue in adapters. The gue-ins will give slightly lighter total up front weight, which is handy for fine tuning without needing to change bop lengths, which I never ever change.  They can bend if you hit a rock, but we have never had one fail so far on about 60 whitetail deer.

Online Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »
Thank you for the feedback!

Offline CEO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 01:58:00 AM »
I use screw in aluminum or steel broadhead adapters depending on the weight I need. I've never had a problem with aluminum adapters.

Offline ausjim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 02:30:00 AM »
If you want to make the join bullet proof you can just use a cheap 2 part epoxy resin. Screw in Tuskers are just glue on Tuskers with Al inserts araldited in and they are great  ;)

Online 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 04:50:00 AM »
Aluminum in any part of a point or broadhead is subject to bending or breaking. I will only use steel broadhead adapters and avoid ANY aluminum ferruled broadhead. Too many failures in my experience.

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 06:15:00 AM »
I've used them for years and have taken my share of deer and had them bend on pass throughs but by then they did what they were meant to do. Its like when an aluminum arrow bends when the deer reacts to a hit and jerks in an awkward angle, the damage already has been done. If using standard inserts,in carbon or aluminum arrows, then steel adapters are the way to go as it increases FOC. I prefer using brass inserts and alum. adapters to get FOC.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 08:58:00 AM »
I use Aluminum for the most part since it gives me the weight I want.  If they fail is because missed and his a rock.  Never seen an aluminum ferrule or adaptor fail on flesh.
T ZZZZ

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
I use them, and have never had any problems. Like mentioned above, im not really going to expect that adapter to hold up against a brick wall, which is the only thing that i have had one fail on    :readit:
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Online Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 09:23:00 PM »
Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback it is greatly appreciated

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©