3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who has limited out with traditional equipment?  (Read 939 times)

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who has limited out with traditional equipment?
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 08:54:00 AM »
I believe it was 2000. I bought 4 custom bows, 4 Selway quivers, a couple hundred tapered cedar shafts, and a bunch of Magnus 2-blades. I went to the PBS Gathering, Cloverdale, GGLI and Denton. I also went caribou hunting in the NWT. At the end of September my wife looked at me with a gleam in her eye and told me, "That's it mister. You're all tagged out."
    ;)

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 08:58:00 AM »
Can't be done in Maryland. Uimited antlerless with a bow in the region I hunt in.
I love Bow Hunting

Offline JD Page 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 09:10:00 AM »
My rule of thumb is I shoot what the Family and I can eat. Don't try to hit any state limit. I have a neighbor who does that and I question if its necessary to try to thin (or wipe out) the herd and see less deer every year. Its almost like being a fat guy on a cruise ship, yes you can put a pound of bacon on your plate from the buffet, but is it cool? No, no its not...
Assenheimer 62" 56 @ 28
Silvertip 60" 53 @ 28

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 09:31:00 AM »
When Ga. had a limit of five I did nearly every year for 20 or so years. Now it is 12 the best I have done was eleven. I am most proud of tagging out on 3 Gobblers one spring. RC

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 09:33:00 AM »
I hunt to kill no question about it. I enjoy every minute and nothing gets wasted. I`m the fat guy with bacon on the plate that eats it. RC

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 09:33:00 AM »
Kevin, it was great while it lasted wasn't it.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 09:59:00 AM »
My Wife has got where she can tell if its a new bow or not from looking...I could be in trouble. RC

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »
Bowhunting has never been a numbers game to me where I tried to kill everything I was legally entitled to kill.  I get tired of gutting, dragging, and cutting up deer after 2-3.
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 04:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by JD Page 1965:
My rule of thumb is I shoot what the Family and I can eat. Don't try to hit any state limit. I have a neighbor who does that and I question if its necessary to try to thin (or wipe out) the herd and see less deer every year. Its almost like being a fat guy on a cruise ship, yes you can put a pound of bacon on your plate from the buffet, but is it cool? No, no its not...
Hahaha...I must be THAT neighbor. No but really, it is a concern and I  am pretty careful about over harvesting. Keep in mind these were taken from three different areas and two counties. I didn't post the one I got in Missouri.

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
For a long time the deer limit was one in Michigan so you had to pass up deer to keep from limiting out to early.  Now the limit is 2 in the areas I hunt as it is very difficult to get extra doe permits, so it still happens occasionally. Turkey, bear, elk are on a drawing basis so usually my limit is 0, I meet that every time.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
We only get one deer tag for the most part in Colorado, makes it a little easier to tag out. I've done it two out of three times with trad gear, never could get it done with a compound. That had more to do with experience than gear though!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2015, 05:02:00 PM »
The only thing ive ever tagged out on with a trad bow is turkeys this pas spring. Hopefully that will change this deer season! Obligatory pics:

------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2015, 06:53:00 PM »
Got my personal limit several times over the years. Here in my KY zone there are enough deer not to be any bag limit except for a single buck.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »
It's not real hard to shoot your limit here on does in Kansas if that's really what you want to do. Bucks too if your not picky but we like to pick certain ones that we have been watching for years till there mature. We don't hunt over feed piles or food plots and spend many, many hours each year patterning them on many different spots that we have that are not leased either. Makes no difference to me what other guys do either way we just like the challenge of chasing the big ones not the numbers game.

Makes it a lot more exciting for us and we always fill enough doe tags to get our family's thru till the next season. Plus I always share my hunting spots with my good Tradgang buddy's     :bigsmyl:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
Just in rabbits. No deer yet. No limit on coyotes yet out here.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 09:25:00 PM »
Ha. . .  not caring if it is cool or not. . . a pound of bacon is a pound of bacon. . .  and it is ALL MINE !   bwahahaha  keep your fingers clear or dey get bit !

ChuckC

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by K.S.TRAPPER:
It's not real hard to shoot your limit here on does in Kansas if that's really what you want to do. Bucks too if your not picky but we like to pick certain ones that we have been watching for years till there mature. We don't hunt over feed piles or food plots and spend many, many hours each year patterning them on many different spots that we have that are not leased either. Makes no difference to me what other guys do either way we just like the challenge of chasing the big ones not the numbers game.

Makes it a lot more exciting for us and we always fill enough doe tags to get our family's thru till the next season. Plus I always share my hunting spots with my good Tradgang buddy's      :bigsmyl:  

Tracy
Reckon you need any more "Tradgang buddies"?!

:wavey:    :wavey:

Nice looking bucks!

:campfire:
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »
Wow! tracy those are 2 impressive bucks. Dunno if I've seen that much antler total in the 3 seasons here in Michigan
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2015, 12:44:00 PM »
I did 2 times in 2012 21st century longbow 5 caribou each day  JULY 2-3 for total 10 caribou but than again up in this zone we can shoot 3 cows and 2 bulls a day 365 days a year,
The Rock-Star of Trad-Talk

White Wolf Max P 40-55 lb adjustable longbow..

Border Harrier #53 carbon fast as A BOW CAN BE.

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2015, 01:10:00 PM »
That's a lot of caribou meat to be packing!!!!! Some great photos here! Congrats to all.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©